Katbts
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Call Guardian 301

Have a problem with call guardian phone, everytime a private number tries to call, the date and time on phone is reset to the beginning of the year which is annoying as if I don't notice the missed call, the alarm goes off at the wrong time. I use alarm so I can switch mobile phone off at night. Have already had a new phone sent to us but the same thing is happening. Love the phone overall as crap callers usually don't state a name so doesn't ring at all - just comes up as a missed call and saves me running to phone everytime it rings. Because there is no option to block "Private Calls" it is starting to get annoying. Anyone that legitimately needs to speak to us know how to do this without calling our home phone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra Call Guardian 301

Hi Katbts,

I agree that what you describe would definitely be annoying, particularly as you are relying on the alarm. 

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Call Guardian 301 so I'm not able to try and replicate this issue.   I am assuming that when you update the time & date and save, the screen shows Saved as the user guide indicates. I couldn't see any other options that my be related to what you are experiencing. 

As the phone has already been replaced, I can only advise that you contact phone faults on 13 22 00 as they may have access to more information about this handset.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Katbts

Thanks Shelly. Yes have been in touch with faults. No one seems to know what the problem is. We did a reset the other day and just received another call from a private number probably within the last two hours. Just waiting for someone to call me back to try to and work out the problem.

Katbts

Well no one got back to me from faults and phone is still resetting time and date after incoming private calls. Obviously not much I can do about it other than unplugging phone & using my mobile, I don't feel like going through same **bleep** to faults again trying to explain what is happening.

Bgbg001
Level 2: Rookie

This seems to be a design fault in the Phone, I have exactly the same problem, every time I check my Call Guardian 301 the time and date has reset to the start of the year.

Also every time I delete all calls, when the time and date reset, all the calls are back, it is quite annoying, nearly as bad as the Nuisance calls I bought it to block.

Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Bgbg001,

Have you also had the handset replaced and experienced the same problem? If not, I would suggest going through the replacement process and seeing if the new ones experience the same issue.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Bgbg001
Level 2: Rookie

Hi

No I have only had the phone a few months, after looking on google there has been a few people with the same problem.

I am not sure if I could go through the trouble of getting it replaced it took me 4 hours on hold and numerous calls and having Telstra accidently Cancel the Order 2 times before I finaly got it.

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry for the trouble with this and you best bet will be to speak with our faults team on 132203 so they can investigate further for you.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks

Katbts

I had no problem getting my original call guardian 301 or the replacement but that did not fix the problem, Have spoken to faults and noone seems to be able to figure out the problem. I have given up bothering about trying to fix the problem. If I get too fed up with it I will just pull the phone out of the wall and everyone can reach me on my mobile - problem solved

Katbts

Wondering if you have this same problem. Ever since yesterday - 23/11/2016 the call guardian feature is intercepting every call - even those in the phonebook list.  It is also registering every call as "unavailable" hence the phone keeps resetting time and date. Just waiting for someone from Telstra to get back to me. Will have to wait and see. Don't like chances of this problem being sorted, noone seems to know what can be done

Katbts

At least one problem has been sorted, after a callback from Telstra, all calls that should be getting through now are.  Only the private calls resetting time and date problem remains. I did get a text saying someone tried to call and for me to phone on 132200 but I haven't had the time or the patience to sit on the phone to probably only be told nothing can be done about it.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit