Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Contractor WFH since moved to NBN now paying for work calls

Answered

Hi,

I am contractor (ex Telstra employee) , and used bundled free national calls for work many times per day when working from home. I took up an early option to move to NBN. I'm now regretting that decision as there seems to be no simple mechanism to make free outgoing calls any more for work.

Does anyone have any ideas on any of the following?...i.e...

a) whether there's an NBN plan that includes some free outgoing calls?

b) whether VOIP using my Telstra-provided laptop is possible/workable?

c) whether Telstra has any other options to help people working-from-home?

Any advice appreciated!

Regards Phil

flip
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Contractor WFH since moved to NBN now paying for work calls

The current plans don’t include calls but you can add in a $10 Australia calling pack for unlimited standard calls to local, national and mobile numbers. Over paying the PAYG rate it wouldn’t take long to be worth the $10.

It may also be worth chatting with the sales team as there has been a couple promotions that had it included for free on certain offers so you could ask them about that to make sure you get the right solution.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The current plans don’t include calls but you can add in a $10 Australia calling pack for unlimited standard calls to local, national and mobile numbers. Over paying the PAYG rate it wouldn’t take long to be worth the $10.

It may also be worth chatting with the sales team as there has been a couple promotions that had it included for free on certain offers so you could ask them about that to make sure you get the right solution.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks DrQ !! I am on phone with sales team now getting that pack added on...
Shame its not on MyAccount web-page as an option (though it may be that during the transition month MyAccount seems to be a bit strange)

Thanks again-you've made my life a bit easier Smiley Happy ....regards Phil
flip
Highlighted

MyAccount is missing a few of the older self service options for NBN including add ons like speed/Extras, I have suspected for a while now that because different things have different methods and limits due to the different nbn technologies that someone decided it would be easier to increase call/chat flow then build new options.... but I could be wrong...
Helpful Links

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit