MaxDownload
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Easy Control Additional Handset Model TEC-A - Extra handset won't register

Answered

Really hoping that someone can provide some advice or help on this one. Over 12 months ago I purchased the Telstra Easy Control Handset Model TEC-C with handset and base station, plus 3 of the Model TEC-A paired handsets. All paired up and working fine within my Telstra NBN network. I knew I could add one additional handset (up to 5) and just this week I received one more TEC-A handset. But for some reason the new handset continues to fail trying to register to the TEC-C base. I have fully charged the new handset. I have made sure I am entering the correct default PIN for pairing. I have removed the batteries and then reset the new handset. I even powered down the base and retried to register the new handset - all this has failed. I have 4 working handsets around the house, but for some reason this new handset won't register. Same model as previous purchase. Any thoughts anyone? Or a quick fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bek498
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Easy Control Additional Handset Model TEC-A - Extra handset won't register

Hey Maxdownload, if you've done the basic troubleshooting and it's still not pairing it could be a faulty handset? Any chance you can take it back to a store to have them look at it?

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
bek498
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Easy Control Additional Handset Model TEC-A - Extra handset won't register

Hey Maxdownload, if you've done the basic troubleshooting and it's still not pairing it could be a faulty handset? Any chance you can take it back to a store to have them look at it?

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit