Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Easy Control cordless 101 additional handsets

Answered

Can the Telstra Easy Control - Cordless from Rewards store be connected to additional additional handsets?  If I moved to another telco, will it still work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Easy Control cordless 101 additional handsets

Hi - the TEC-C has a DECT Hub which is a Cordless Base Station which can connect up to 5 cordless phones, so you can pair up to four additional TEC-A handsets.

It can be connected to any analog exchange line service or telephone system as an extension or to an NBN Modem's Phone Port with a telephone cable. It will work on any carrier or RSP/ISP  NBN network - they may have a different access code to 101 for retrieving messages.

If you wish to connect another traditional telephone in parallel to the TEC-C DECT Hub, that is also possible. If applicable, suggest you initially limit it to another two additional hard wired phones to see if the ringer and other network features function on all phones work correctly.  

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8

Do you mean this handset  TEC-C?

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/home-phone/pdf/TEC-C-QSG.pdf

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Thank you for your reply, Steve.

Should be.  The model on the Rewards Shop.

There is more than one model on offer, but none with the exact name you give.

If it is the TEC C, it comes with a DECT hub (puck). Additional handsets (TEC A) can be paired to the system and the phone 'system' can probably be used with any homephone service.

Bear in mind that some modems, including the Telstra Smart Modem 2 range, have an inbuilt DECT base and you can just pair handsets to that internal DECT base wirelessly. The handsets you use need to be compatible with the modem of course. Some of the handsets offered by Telstra specifically state compatibility with Smart Modem 2.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Accepted Solution

Hi - the TEC-C has a DECT Hub which is a Cordless Base Station which can connect up to 5 cordless phones, so you can pair up to four additional TEC-A handsets.

It can be connected to any analog exchange line service or telephone system as an extension or to an NBN Modem's Phone Port with a telephone cable. It will work on any carrier or RSP/ISP  NBN network - they may have a different access code to 101 for retrieving messages.

If you wish to connect another traditional telephone in parallel to the TEC-C DECT Hub, that is also possible. If applicable, suggest you initially limit it to another two additional hard wired phones to see if the ringer and other network features function on all phones work correctly.  

View solution in original post

We must be synchronised somehow in space - didn't see your response when I typed mine, again. Smiley Happy

Yeah..  it happens - I find I have to manually refresh CrowdSupport a lot to get up to date posts and even then it depends on how many words per minute one can type (I'm in the low range) and how long the message is (I'm usually in the long range Smiley Happy)   

Stevo 52

Thank u for the info. Answers my question.

Thank you Mkrtich.  Answers my question.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit