Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Guardian 301 cordless phone

I save the time & date into the phone, but it won't stayed stored for too long. It keeps resetting back to 00:00.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra Guardian 301 cordless phone

Hi geoffjd,

That's not good to hear. Please bring your handset to one of our stores who will be able to troubleshoot further with you. If it's faulty and you still have the receipt, it may be able to be repaired or replaced under warranty.

- Tim  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Telstra Guardian 301 cordless phone

I have 3 Telstra Guardian 301 cordless phones. The date & time keeps resetting & also the volume when speaking is at a low level. I have to keep turning it up when talking. I've done a reset & also taken the batteries out. This happens on all 3 phones.

Highlighted

Hi, the 3 phones do it. Surely they all can't be faulty.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Looking at the user guide for that phone, there is no setting to change the default volume of the handset, but I would try adjusting the ringer volume to the maximum to see if this makes any change. Instructions are on page 52.

Each handset would get the time from the base station, so I would check the settings available regarding the time to see if they are manually configured. Is it possible that the base station is being defaulted?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Shelley, Had a technician around this morning & he reset the date & time. I put my mobile on not to transmit my number. Straight away it reset to 00:00 & the year. It's a problem when a Private number ring a house with Call Guardian 301 phones. Whoever is running this NBN need to get this fixed. I got another 2 free phones from the Technician & these phones are paired directly to the modem by WiFi & doesn't lose time. Telstra should get rid of these phones.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update and your feedback 

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit