CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Rental Phone

I have been advised by Telstra Faults that my Telstra rental phone T1000S is faulty and needs replacing but I am advised to go to a Telstra Store to exchange it. As the closest Store is approx 100 klms round trip away from my home, I attempted to contact the closest stores to make sure that a replacement was available but was informed by a call centre that they would not give me a phone number to ring their store direct to see if any stock existed and ask if I could exchange the faulty phone for a working one.

Something is wrong with the system when you can not get any information about replacing a rental landline phone!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Telstra Rental Phone

Hi originalferal,

The Employee you spoke to needs a rocket up their backside.

The below link is to locate Telstra store's.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Find-your-nearest-Telstra-Retail/ct-p/tstore

I don't use that if I know the suburb (or town) of the Telstra store that I want to contact....I just Google it, eg: Telstra Marion.

I'll also forewarn you that when you ring the store, they might not answer their phone or return your call.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your comments and now Telstra have contacted me to say that they do not replace rental landline phones.Interesting that no one said that until now.

Looks as though landline users are to become obsolete!

Complaint is now lodged with Telstra as they are still charging rental fees for no reason.

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@originalferal wrote:

Thanks for your comments and now Telstra have contacted me to say that they do not replace rental landline phones.Interesting that no one said that until now.

Looks as though landline users are to become obsolete!

Complaint is now lodged with Telstra as they are still charging rental fees for no reason.

@originalferal As of the 1st of February 2019 you will no longer be able to rent a handset. If you already have a rental phone, you don't need to return it. The rental fee should have been removed from your bill. I recall Telstra did do a mail-out advising of the change to their rental customers.

Telstra will reimburse you of any rental fees from that date onwards.

Now if you want a new home phone you can either pay for it outright or pay it off.

https://www.telstra.com.au/home-phone/handsets 

I personally have the Telstra Call Guardian 301 which works very well with unwanted phone calls (When setup correctly).

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit