19W
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Handset (Model TSH-C) voicemail message indicator

I have a new Telstra Smart Handset (Model TSH-C) connected wirelessly to my Telstra Smart Modem (Gen 2). It all works fine, and I have Messagebank set up. However, when I get a voice message, there is no obvious indication that there is a message there once the screen goes dark after a few minutes, so I can’t see the visual indication when I walk in the door. Is there any way Telstra can update the phone software so that the red light (incoming call light) flashes constantly when there is a message waiting?

Same basic question was asked in May 2020 and thread was closed.  Any progress since then?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Smart Handset (Model TSH-C) voicemail message indicator

With Messagebank, if you pick up the phone and press the dial button, the dial tone will be 'broken' rather steady when you have messages..  no matter what the phone says..

From the TSH-C User Guide ..

CALLER ID AND CALL LIST
Provided the identity of the caller is not withheld, the number of the caller will be
displayed together with the date and time of the call (if provided by the network).
A subscription to this service may be required.
Note
If the caller’s number is stored in your phonebook along with a name, when you
receive a call the name will also be displayed.
New calls alert
When you have new missed calls (incoming calls that you haven’t answered), the
display shows X Missed Call(s) and the 'handset icon' blinks
Note
You can either enter the Call List by pressing or through the handset menu.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
19W
Level 1: Cadet

Hi SteveW_52

This does not answer the problem.  What is there to prompt me to pick up the phone when I return home?

SteveW_52

Don't shoot the messenger...  there is no setting on the handset to do that other than the Missed Call icon..  and you have to pick the phone up to do that...  I go through the routine every day at least 3 times..  you get used to the habit..  not ideal but I would rather do that than set up call forwarding to my mobile..

As a bonus, I find that scanm calls etc. tend not to leave messages anyway...  and from any numbers that call, you can set up blocking rulles in the smart modem..

Note from the user guide (if you read it) that you can check/update the phone firmware from the device but I have never seen an update...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit