Help659
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TSH-D & Telstra TSH-C

Answered

Hi!

I have both Telstra TSH-D & Telstra TSH-C phones connected to my Telstra Gen 2 modem via wifi. (No other phones connected directly to modem via cable)

I am a shift worker and would like to disable the phone's when I am resting during the day. When i take theTelstra TSH-D or theTelstra TSH-C of the hook it goes busy for a minute then goes back to standby.

(Meaning calls can come in)

Also when talking on one phone or the other it does not show line in use.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TSH-D & Telstra TSH-C

Hi - you may have solved the problem already with @SteveW_52  's advice.  I don't think there has been any firmware upgrades to these phones since their original release. In case this clarifies matters or assists you in ascertaining if the handset feature is faulty.

TSH-D - when you press the Ringer OFF button, top left hand side , does a bell icon with a diagonal line through it come up on the display. If not, press for at least 3 seconds. If that doesn't work, the down arrow key also reduces the ringer volume - does that allow you to select an OFF position and present the same icon on the screen. 

TSH-C - the Shortcut key function to turn OFF the Ringer toggles on the dual function Asterisk key - if you press the Asterisk key , does the display show an Asterisk symbol - if so, clear the display and try again and hold for 3 seconds - you should then see the Ringer OFF icon appear. If that doesn't work, go to Menu/Handset Settings/Sound/Ring Volume and use the down arrow to turn OFF the Ringer - you should see the Ringer OFF Icon in the screen display.

If you are unable to turn OFF the Ringer on both phones, maybe they have developed a sticky key fault problem.

Unlike some Analog DECT cordless phone systems which do have the function, I also don't get any indication in the display that the line is in use on the T-Voice 502 or T-Voice 503 handsets. Just a congestion tone if I attempt to dial out. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
AntoO
Support Team
Support Team

Hiya Help659

My best suggestion for this one would be to reach out to our home phone support team and have them run through options to help with this.

- Anto

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Those devices connect via DECT which is wireless but NOT Wi-Fi...

The * (Asterix) key should turn the handset ringer On/Off..

The handset can also be turned on/off with the Hang Up/Power key..

Manual 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Help659

Thanks Steve.

Will give the "Asterix" a go.

Help659

Hi Anto.

I did call them and there was nothing they could do.

Phones work great its that they need some software tweaking.

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks Anto.

JessicaCL
Support Team
Support Team

How did you go with the steps SteveW_52 provided there?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Help659

No luck with the Asterix either.

The phones work well Jessica.

It’s probably a software issue that needs to be addressed.

Line in use not coming up when one phone is being used as mentioned before.

Thank you.

SteveW_52

Are you giving the Asterix button a long press? That works on my T-503's and it is what the manual says..

There is a beep on the handset and an icon at the top of the screen when it toggles..

Have you tried power cycling your handsets (On/Off key) or taking the batteries out for a while..

Which is the 'Line in Use' is not coming up? I haven't got that feature on the 503's but it's fairly normal in a 'home' phone that no 'In use' indication is provided..  but maybe check the 'Intrusion' setting?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Mkrtich
Accepted Solution

Hi - you may have solved the problem already with @SteveW_52  's advice.  I don't think there has been any firmware upgrades to these phones since their original release. In case this clarifies matters or assists you in ascertaining if the handset feature is faulty.

TSH-D - when you press the Ringer OFF button, top left hand side , does a bell icon with a diagonal line through it come up on the display. If not, press for at least 3 seconds. If that doesn't work, the down arrow key also reduces the ringer volume - does that allow you to select an OFF position and present the same icon on the screen. 

TSH-C - the Shortcut key function to turn OFF the Ringer toggles on the dual function Asterisk key - if you press the Asterisk key , does the display show an Asterisk symbol - if so, clear the display and try again and hold for 3 seconds - you should then see the Ringer OFF icon appear. If that doesn't work, go to Menu/Handset Settings/Sound/Ring Volume and use the down arrow to turn OFF the Ringer - you should see the Ringer OFF Icon in the screen display.

If you are unable to turn OFF the Ringer on both phones, maybe they have developed a sticky key fault problem.

Unlike some Analog DECT cordless phone systems which do have the function, I also don't get any indication in the display that the line is in use on the T-Voice 502 or T-Voice 503 handsets. Just a congestion tone if I attempt to dial out. 

View solution in original post

Help659

Thanks for the solution.

I will just turn off the ringer on both phones and turn back on when needed.

Will have to live with this for now.

Thanks to all who helped.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit