webstar01
Level 2: Rookie

TSA is ths telstra?

Answered

Hi all wanting to change my current bundle to foxtel.  Contacted Telstra who informed me that set up costs are astronomical and also chatted on the FB site.  A third party got involved claiming it could be done without set up fees.  A representative who told me to call  1800 634 055.  Can someone please tell me if this is legit as I am worried I have shared too much info with them already?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: TSA is ths telstra?

TSA are what are called an Industry Partner. 

They provide primarily outbound call centres on behalf of Telstra.

So often if you get a call from Telstra for a sale, it is often TSA calling on behalf of Telstra (for legitimate sales calls, not for scams as they are a different matter)

It is kinda like when you deal with a licenced store, they aren't actually Telstra staff, but they are working on behalf of Telstra doing the same work as Telstra staff with /most/ of the same access. 

They are legitiamate, their staff have access to Telstra's systems and often as a part of their roll in outbound calls they do have access to special offers which are used for different promotions they run... so it is possible that they do have access to a special offer on changing up your bundle. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
DrQ
Accepted Solution

TSA are what are called an Industry Partner. 

They provide primarily outbound call centres on behalf of Telstra.

So often if you get a call from Telstra for a sale, it is often TSA calling on behalf of Telstra (for legitimate sales calls, not for scams as they are a different matter)

It is kinda like when you deal with a licenced store, they aren't actually Telstra staff, but they are working on behalf of Telstra doing the same work as Telstra staff with /most/ of the same access. 

They are legitiamate, their staff have access to Telstra's systems and often as a part of their roll in outbound calls they do have access to special offers which are used for different promotions they run... so it is possible that they do have access to a special offer on changing up your bundle. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

webstar01
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you so much for your response, it is very appreciated! Smiley Happy

wav
Level 1: Cadet

I recently received a call from a man who asked me if I was happy with my Telstra bundle.  I assumed he was someone from Telstra, but I found out later that he worked for TSA.  When I said I would change my plan, he asked for a lot of details, including numbers of my driver's licence, Medicare and pension card.

Because the new plan involved a discount for pensioners, the last one appeared necessary, but why were the other two card numbers necessary ? 

Afterwards I thought "This man has a lot of my details,including name, date of birth, & etc, and maybe enough for identity theft"

Mister W

Visitor

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi wav

We typically need to verify your identity to confirm that your details match government databases - although we wouldn't typically ask for your Medicare number. Usually just your Drivers Licence number and Pension Card.

Pension Card is for the discount - and Drivers Licence as it will confirm your name/DOB/address. In addition couriers need to check your Drivers Licence and confirm it matches the details we've provided for you if they're delivering a new product for you. 

However if you're ever worried that you aren't dealing with Telstra, give us a call on 13 22 00 and we can confirm that the call you've received is genuine. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Rhiharri
Level 1: Cadet

TSA demonstrates DISHONEST CONDUCT!
- Called my 90 year old grandma
- She actively said she didn't understand what they were talking about & requested they call my mother
- TSA said that my mother didn't have authorisation...however they were on the phone to the account holder. Wouldn't her request be considered authorisation? Or at very least couldn't they realise she didn't understand (since she said it) & set up authorisation?!?
- Continued to sell the product (or whatever) even though she clearly said she didn't know what they were talking about
- Made an appointment to come to her house!!!
- UNETHICAL...actively praying on someone who didn't understand!!!

- I call them on the 1800 number, they said I wasn't authorised to cancel the visit/plan, conference called my Gran in & got authorisation
- They were unable to tell me exactly what she had even agreed to!
- Said they'd send me a receipt of my call so I had a reference number, not received...obviously.

BEWARE!!!
Greg18
Level 6: Bloodhound

@Rhiharri wrote:
TSA demonstrates DISHONEST CONDUCT!
- Called my 90 year old grandma
- She actively said she didn't understand what they were talking about & requested they call my mother
- TSA said that my mother didn't have authorisation...however they were on the phone to the account holder. Wouldn't her request be considered authorisation? Or at very least couldn't they realise she didn't understand (since she said it) & set up authorisation?!?
- Continued to sell the product (or whatever) even though she clearly said she didn't know what they were talking about
- Made an appointment to come to her house!!!
- UNETHICAL...actively praying on someone who didn't understand!!!

- I call them on the 1800 number, they said I wasn't authorised to cancel the visit/plan, conference called my Gran in & got authorisation
- They were unable to tell me exactly what she had even agreed to!
- Said they'd send me a receipt of my call so I had a reference number, not received...obviously.

BEWARE!!!

yes i get calls from an elledged Telstra TSA people but  i kinda hangup on them, but i just had one not long ago, , the guy on the other end was saying " hi my names such an such an im in Telstra TSA. then low an behold they hangup , ,

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit