Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unblocking caller on ID on my landline

How do I unblock the caller no ID on my landline.. I have tried ringing 1832 but engaged all the time

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Unblocking caller on ID on my landline

1832 isn't a number that you call itself. You dial 1832 and then the number that you are calling in order to show your Caller ID to the number you are calling.

You could try logging into your account via https://my.telstra.com.au and seeing if the option to display/hide Caller ID is available in the options (sorry I'm not sure as I don't have a home phone account).

Otherwise, you will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be redirected to the queue to chat with a human. It may take a few hours for an initial response, but you will get a notification through the app when someone does respond.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit