Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Uniden DECT 3035 answering machine.

Answered

Since we changed to NBN Fixed Wireless Broadband, our answering machine does not record messages. Although I have set up message bank, we were used to hearing beeps whenever a message was rec'd.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Uniden DECT 3035 answering machine.

Hi Matt,

As I said, regarding option 3, ringing NBN 1800 number, One can never get thr'u. I waited at least 25mins before giving up. Anyway,thanks again for your input.....I have now solved my problem.Bye,

Max S

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey @AVIS1,

Can I ask if your answering machine is actually answering the call, or does the call go to messagebank?

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Matt,

It's actually Max, Avis' hubby. She's completely techno illiterate so I'm making the inquiry.

No....nothing goes thr'u to the answering m/c at all.

I'm assuming that as our phone comes in via the Fixed Wireless broadband set-up, a message was issued saying that as a 1st time user, I was req'd. to set up message bank from scratch. I did so & my voice message tells the caller to leave a message etc. I was just wondering why we couldn't have the old method of beeps from the Uniden answ. m/c 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@AVIS1 (Max)

Thanks for the details.

It sounds like Telstra's messagebank (home messages 101 maybe?) is answering the phone call before your answering machine can.

There are a couple of options available to you.

1. Extend the ring timer for messagebank.

You can do this by calling *99[number of seconds]# - for example to extend to 55 seconds dial: *9955#

This should allow your answering machine to answer the call first.

2. Shorten the number of rings it takes for your answering machine to answer an incoming call.

You would need to consult the user manual for this one.

A draw back of this is that you wont has as long to get to the phone if its ringing because your answering machine will get the call.
          If you choose this option, I'd suggest making the time frame less than 6 rings.

Let me know how you go with this.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Option 3 is to contact the NBN faults team on 1800 834 273 to have messagebank turned off entirely.

- Matt

Highlighted

Hi Matt,

I got sick of waiting over 25 mins for an asnswer on that NBN #., along with a few others I tried.

Anyway, goodluck has prevailed. I got out the UNIDEN book of rules, de-registered & the registered the base phone. All is back to normal again, including the beeps indicating a recorded message. 

So I'm happy, 'cos my is happy. Thanks for all your advice.

Max S

Matt, 

Please see answer to Option 3,

Max S

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi Matt,

As I said, regarding option 3, ringing NBN 1800 number, One can never get thr'u. I waited at least 25mins before giving up. Anyway,thanks again for your input.....I have now solved my problem.Bye,

Max S

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit