Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Using Call Gaurdian 301 MKII

Answered

How do i make a space and use symbols when doing things like changing the Handset name.

Take care, RussellAC.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Using Call Gaurdian 301 MKII

Hi - not a friendly process with no Table Reference included in User Guide. Most phones use the [* music note] key, [0 u] key and [# lock]  keys to allow multiple character entry by pressing the respective key X times in quick succession e.g.  1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x etc to generate symbols, but it seems to be limited on the Guardian 301 MKII - I could only get the [0 u] and the 1 key to generate multiple characters.

The right arrow key only seems to work within a text field.

For a space, press the [0  u] key once.

If you press it 

twice = 0 shows.

three times = +

four times = English pound

five times = $  etc.

If you do a similar action on the 1 Key , one press gives you a & 

twice = a full stop

three - comma

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Yes - Smiley Happy love your feedback - use the # key once, twice or three times to toggle through a selection mode -  Abc, ABC or 123. You will see confirmation of Input Mode at the top right hand corner of the screen so you know what mode you are in. Takes you back to early days on mobile phones. Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi - not a friendly process with no Table Reference included in User Guide. Most phones use the [* music note] key, [0 u] key and [# lock]  keys to allow multiple character entry by pressing the respective key X times in quick succession e.g.  1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x etc to generate symbols, but it seems to be limited on the Guardian 301 MKII - I could only get the [0 u] and the 1 key to generate multiple characters.

The right arrow key only seems to work within a text field.

For a space, press the [0  u] key once.

If you press it 

twice = 0 shows.

three times = +

four times = English pound

five times = $  etc.

If you do a similar action on the 1 Key , one press gives you a & 

twice = a full stop

three - comma

Highlighted

Yes Mkrtich your Reply was very helpful, before i give you full marks etc any ideas on a Capital for a Second Name after the first name and space

Take care, RussellAC.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Yes - Smiley Happy love your feedback - use the # key once, twice or three times to toggle through a selection mode -  Abc, ABC or 123. You will see confirmation of Input Mode at the top right hand corner of the screen so you know what mode you are in. Takes you back to early days on mobile phones. Cheers

Highlighted

Thanks Mkrticj have given top review and appreciate your help very much. Take care, ScorpioRuss.

Take care, RussellAC.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit