Terrier56
Level 1: Cadet

Wait times online

I've had a window open for Telstra "online support" (chose the option after a recorded message told me the phone wait time was 45-50 minutes). I've been waiting 1 hour 18 minutes so far ... is this usual?  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Wait times online

Unfortunately it is the new 'norm' for Telstra customer support, not sure where they get their time estimates from..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Terrier56

I'm definitely getting old and cranky.  It was only about 10-15 years ago that we could ring 133933, get through within 10 minutes, and even if the guy/gal had a strong accent, they knew their stuff and usually fixed your phone or computer problem in a few minutes.  Sigh ....... Smiley Wink

CarrotSJ
Level 2: Rookie

urRe: Wait times online

In the MyTelstra app I have waited 40 hours for someone to start troubleshooting with me.

Terrier56

PS Telstra has awarded me with a badge, oh I feel so much better about Telstra now.  That's almost as exciting as when I'd get a little gold star sticker on the back of my hand when I was being a good little girl at school.

Terrier56

Re: urRe: Wait times online

good lawd!  i chose to finish my voice call, rather than wait 45 minutes on my mobile to be put thru to a live person (my landline is out of order which is why i need help).  nearly 3.5 hours later i'm waiting in online chat.

i did receive an email notification of replies to this message, and telstra helpfully added a promotion for their MyTelstra app ... which sounds about as useful as **bleep** on a bull if you've had to wait 40 hours ... thank you for the heads-up.  

SteveW_52

Re: urRe: Wait times online

When you send a message in the My Telstra app, use the three dots at the top to 'Mark as Urgent'..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
SteveW_52

Yep..  I am known to be a bit of a curmudgeon about most things Telstra  (must be of a certain age I guess - older than 25 that's for sure) - no longer a shareholder and I am moving services as they come due and there is a decent alternative - about the only real plus for Telstra is the mobile coverage, which is useful because I travel a lot, but that won't be for much longer because real retirement beckons..

I find the current crop of Codi's consultants have poor memories, don't or can't read any prior history and don't know the Telstra, services, capabilities and processes  - I won't mention the poor people interaction skills...

Stevo 52
OccasBigpndUser
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Is that all ?  I was ON an online chat for over 6 hours and the consultant unilaterally hung up on me and it all disappeared , couldn't save or print a copy of chat content.  Seriously NOT efficient, nor cost effective from Tel$tra's perspective.  

Reggie4806
Level 4: Private Eye

The MyTelstra app keeps the chat history. So it might be worth using that over a web browser. I've had staff get my details automatically from the app as well.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit