Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Why does it take 6 hours using messaging only to end up not resolving the issue?

I have fw nbn and I’m having problems with landline dropping in and out constantly. I’ve tried to speak to a person but to no avail so kept being diverted to the my telstra app. I had to spend 6 hours in “conversation “ with someone and had to keep repeating the same unplug, disconnect reconnect process many many times and still have the problem. I’m now waiting for someone to contact me ( not confident) after they have monitored my phone for 24 hrs. Telstra support is terrible. I’m left feeling frustrated. I even offered the agent to give me a international calling pack on my mobile and I will forget the landline but that was too hard !

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Why does it take 6 hours using messaging only to end up not resolving the issue?

It can require monitoring to determine where in the system the fault lies (especially for an intermittent fault as they can be hard to catch). But it shouldn't have taken 6 hours to reach that point, it should have been once through the troubleshooting and then monitoring.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit