Hala2
Level 1: Cadet

Worried

MY 90 year old Mum lives alone.  Her landline rings for 5 times then cuts off to an engaged signal.  I have been in touch with Telstra almost daily for 12 days. They said they have fixed it 3 times. They havent . I keep telling them.  My poor old Mum is in lockdown and is missing calls all the time. She is rushing to get to phone and is now in physical danger as well as emotionally..all because of Telstra and their inability to help.  I cannot talk to anyone in Telstra ..they keep telling me to download App which I have done and still no help.  I went down to try and fix phone myself a 12 hour drive but could not fix it.  Now I cannot visit and I get no help.  

Very Worried. Please Telstra I am begging you to help.   I am almost at breakdown myself.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Worried

As your mother is 90, and IF she has a life threatening illness, she would qualify for Telstra Priority Assist service.

If that is the case, ring 132203 and say Priority Assist.

The agent will give her temporary cover for 30 days until she receives and her doctor signs the form and it is returned.

We are customers here like you, so no one here has account access.

You should get her an emergency alarm eg Mepacs pendant to provide immediate alert in the case of an emergency.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit