mtrix
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular - stock

Ordered a Series 4 with Cellular 44m Space Grey, online 8 days ago when website showed in stock.

3 chat conversations, 2 calls and 2 store visits later, its still in pending status, despite being told twice by online staff that it would have been delivered by now.

Simply the worst customer experience I have ever experienced. 

Does anyone know if there is any stock available and how to progress an online order?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
26 REPLIES 26
tricks

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular - stock

had the same thing happen to me. Been told the order pending will not be processed and to try again when in stock.

AW07

I have had exactly the same issue. I keep getting told there is a ‘system error’ from their end.
No one can give me an ETA. But they have some in stock if you want to buy it outright, strange!
teefly80

I ordered mine on the 5th December, one email to confirm then Nothing! Tried to live chat and that was absolutely hopeless.

It’s a Christmas present so I am extremely annoyed and will continue to try and hash this out today.
hoffysplace

I’ve got the same problem. Ordered 2 weeks ago when they were in stock. Now they are out of stock. Not really good enough
Letdownagain

Very frustrating! I also ordered the 46mm rose gold Apple Watch last week when in stock only received one email and nothing since! Many live chats say “your nearest store will have them in stock you can collect today” I’ve been to every store in my area to be told we don’t have any. This was a Xmas present also!! Telstra get it sorted!!!
Nikkid84
Level 2: Rookie

I have had the exact same issue, contacted 3 times and was told 3 different reasons why it was delayed and each time was told it will arrive within 48hours so then I ring again and get told it’s out of stock! Seriously so frustrating. I have lodged a complaint and am yet to hear from anyone about that! Typical
Damien16

I am still waiting for my order from the 5th over 10 days, 5 chats and 5 lies later and still no watch all I get you will recieve it in 2 to 3 business days.
Sjayne

I also ordered two watches on the 5th of December for Christmas presents. Was told it would arrive within 5 days. 5 days later I contacted, was told it would arrive in 48 hours. 48 hours later I contacted them to be told they wouldn’t arrive for 3 weeks! So much for Christmas. So furious they allowed me to purchase it without having the stock available!
Nikkid84

It’s terrible, it’s even worse that you contact and they lie and say you’ll get it within 48 hours. I was promised it would arrive before Christmas but I’m not holding out hope as they have told me on theee seperate occasions within 48 hours and nothing. I also lodged a complaint and was told I would be contacted sighing 48 hours... it’s been 4 days and nothing... telstra is going to loose my business!
teefly80

There is hope! I’m sorry but my order is with the courier at Brisbane airport 😊 I had lost all hope and only checked today as I was waiting for our dinner order with nothing to do. Just left Telstra shop and she pretty much said **bleep** luck sorry probs not till the new year 😤 your husband will have to buy you something else.... what!? I don’t want anything else!!!!! No sorry, kiss my butt or nothing. Telstra you still suck!
Sjayne

To follow up, both watches I ordered have now arrived! Hope others have the same results soon.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update @Sjayne

Please let me know if you need any further help or support.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dorothy983

More people are buying the Apple Watch than all the other watches available in the world put together, which whether you like it or not, makes the unusual oblong case a design success. “Watches are supposed to be round,” shout the purists, but Apple is rarely one to simply follow trends for the sake of it My Prepaid Center.

Skitzo

Telstra are a joke hen it come to the apple watch 4 on a plan, i originally ordered 2 on the 10 of December (one of which is a Christmas present) was told they would be delivered in 2-3 days, called back a week later only to be told my order had been cancelled due to lack of stock, I raised a complaint as i was not informed of the cancellation and replaced the order, the customer service representative said the watches would be delivered within the week (this would not be a couple of days before Christmas, i call back Christmas eve to find out whats going on, the customer service rep said as a complaint was raised, she couldn't help me till my case manager spoke to me, a couple of days after Christmas i get a call from my case manager, who apologised and said the order has been cancelled again and she would get the order placed, she informe me there was no stock and would call me back on the 9th as there would be stock then. when she didn't call me back, i called back on the 10th, only to be told by the customer service guy, there is nothing he can do and will email my case manager and she would get back to me,

the following day she called and informed me there is still no stock (even though the models i want say they have been in stock on the website for the last week (and currently still show as in stock) and would call me back the following week, when she didn't call me back, i called again (this is about the 15th by this stage) , the person i spoke to told me they are in stock, as she has been selling them for the past two weeks, she replaced the order telling me it would be delivered by the 21th.

on the 21st, i get an SMS from my case manager telling apologising telling me the watches are still out of stock, i informed her the person i spoke to the night before sid they were in stock and had confirmed it with the warehouse, she messaged me back saying she can now see the new order, and she would call me on the 23rd to confirm i received the watches. yesterday, she messaged me again to let me know they there was an issue with my delivery address (even though i have has 3 of my previous Telstra phone delivered to my work in the past) and would message me on the 25th to see if i received the watches, its now the 24th, when i try and track my order, all i get is "Pending" so i cant see the watches getting delivered tomorrow. talk about nightmare, i can walk into any of Telstra's competitors stores right now (vodaphone, optus etc) and get this watch on a plan as they all have stock. Suck a joke.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi, I am so very sorry to hear of this entire situation and the issue getting the ordered devices delivered. May I ask if you have the order ref # handy please and we can see that is going on. Can I also check if you received an SMS with the consignment # and delivery details?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Skitzo

1-1874930485230 is the current order number (still Pending)
no sms, no email, no communications what so ever
Support Team
Support Team

Ok thank you, come through our secure chat line here  https://tel.st/yedca and we will investigate and update you.

Let me know how you go.

- Ryan

Skitzo

what's the point Ryan?, Ive been there done that, multiple times. Your just going to tell me there is nothing you can do, or they are still on backorder, i don't want to hear it, i just want my order delivered.
Skitzo

As I said. Got another message from my case manager last night at 10.10pm , order still shows on the system, and they will provide me updates next week on or before Friday 01/02. What a Joke
Skitzo

still waiting Telstra are so useless, just got a message - Hi from Telstra. Unfortunately, your order has been delayed. We are working on your order and will call to update you within 5 days - I could walk into optus or vodaphone right now and walk out with new watches as they have "plenty of stock" according to them, this is such a joke, almost 2 months since i originally place the order. and still no further along
Skitzo

And now just got an email from Telstra, they are going to start charging me for the watches from the 4th (this Monday)...........

Nice, charging me for products that I dont even have yet, good luck with that.
gee2018

Same experience!!
Skitzo

another update to this, get a call from my case manager on Sunday night, informed her i am going to be charged for the watches as of Monday, she assured me i wouldn't (oh and yes they are still on backorder) then Monday morning my bill comes in, and yep, I've been charge for two apple watch delivery's, talk about one hand not knowing what the other is doing.......hopeless
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you for letting us know Skitzo. You should have been appointed a specific Case Manager who shall be assisting you with this order. They can be contacted directly by calling 1800 241 787* PIN 5246 as they may be able to make any adjustments to your account representing these devices. 

Skitzo

I see that the watches are back in stock on your website, so i get on to chat, the consultant says nope, your should hear form us in 3-4 weeks (So that will make it 4 months waiting for these orders - disgracefull, Telstra should be ashamed of themselves.
andrewpiana

More people are buying the Apple Watch than all the other watches available in the world put together, which whether you like it or not, makes the unusual oblong case a design success. “Watches are supposed to be round,” shout the purists, but Apple is rarely one to simply follow trends for the sake of it .

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more