CrowdSupport®
Mark0903
Level 1: Cadet

iOS and Galaxy watch

does anyone know if you can connect to telstra one number if you have a galaxy cellular watch and an iphone

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: iOS and Galaxy watch

I have to be honest and say I do not know the answer. But considering you're talking about two fiercely competing products, I would seriously doubt so...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi Mark0903,

I'd agree with @ForensicsGuru , I don't know if it's possible...but going by the below link I would lean towards no.

It say's pair Apple Watch to IPhone or Samsung watch to Samsung mobile.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/one-number?red=social-care-d346828-lithium-19546833-2019032...

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Level 21: Augmented

Well from little I know about this (I have never been interested in owning anything like that), I think that Android and iOS are using different technology to do so, so I cannot see Android and iOS interoperating... And from Apple's and Google's point of view, I can understand that...

It is same like you cannot stream from Apple to Chromecast and vice versa...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
David487
Level 1: Cadet

I'd agree with @ForensicsGuru , it isn't possible... Android and iOS are using different technology.
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

While the Galaxy Watch is compatible with iOS devices using a Bluetooth connection, cellular functionality isn't.

So no, Telstra One Number (or any other Australian carriers version of it) will work with that combination.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for iOS

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now