Telstra Digital

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
EvM
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Galaxy Nexus

I have been regularly hammering Telstra shop staff for a release date for the GN. I have been following this phone for months even though I promised myself, after owning a Samsung Omnia Icon for the last two years, that I would never touch another Samsung phone ever. But it looks too awesome!

I'm touching my nose in anticipation. Thankfully my contract is just about up so I will be ablet o snap one of these up 🙂

looktall
Level 6: Bloodhound

i would get that phone in a flash if i didn't still have over a year to go my desire s contract.

free hardware upgrades would be a nice option. 🙂

galapogos01

Very.  Hurry up and offer it before I buy it elsewhere!

edit: and yes, I signed up just to let you know...

looktall

@galapogos01 wrote:

Very.  Hurry up and offer it before I buy it elsewhere!

this is a very good point.

telstra has had a habit lately of delaying the release of new products for god knows what reason.

the release of my desire s is a perfect example.

it took them about 4-5 months from announcing that they would be selling the phone to actually releasing it.

smar2832

Very!! Best android phone to date. HD screen, super fast, latest android!
smar2832

saying that, i agree with other members. if it takes ages to release i will go elsewhere..... I am with voda but really want to come to telstra for more reliable service.
alex_mc
Level 4: Private Eye

Really want this phone! Have been checking constantly daily for weeks in the hope that you guys are going to announce prices and release date!

Please do so really soon!

Alex

alex_mc
Level 4: Private Eye

And the reason I want this phone is because it is a great piece of hardware and importantly is running Ice-cream sandwich which is pack full of features! Can't wait to get rid of my HTC Desire, which is an awesome phone but now due for well deserved retirement, and to get this new sexy beast!

gerdschenkel
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Yes, we tend to do a lot of testing on handsets. This may sound unnecessary but our mobile team regularly report asking for improvements to handset software before it works to its optimum on the NextG network.
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
gerdschenkel
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

looktall

@gerdschenkel wrote:
Yes, we tend to do a lot of testing on handsets.

either your network is really complicated or your techs are just really slow at what they do.

every other telco in the world seems to be able to release products pretty much on time with no issues.

case in point - http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Android/Timeline-for-update-for-HTC-Desire-S/td-p/7248

plent of other telcos around the world have released this. but not telstra.

of course that has nothing to do with this particular phone, but here's hoping it doesn't end up in the same quagmire of "in testing" that other telstra products seem to end up in. 

gerdschenkel
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Or we do more testing than other carriers 🙂
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
gerdschenkel
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Here's a neat comparison of Nexus vs iPhone http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/409013/galaxy_nexus_vs_iphone_4s_smartphone_comparison/
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
gerdschenkel
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

We just announced pricing for the Nexus http://telstra.com.au/galaxy-nexus

On sale Online shortly after midnight - and in SYD and MEL flagship stores from "doors open"
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
EvM

The Prime makes the iPhone look tiny. 😉

I also read that it has a barometer. Are phones going to start sending stats to BoM now? Have your techs tested it?

Edit: Didn't see your latest reply. ohwow ohwow ohwow ohwow. Do you know when it will migrate to other Telstra stores? (i.e Hobart :))

looktall

@gerdschenkel wrote:
We just announced pricing for the Nexus 

so glad to see telstra has been on the ball with this one.

not that i can actually get one due to still being on contract (how are those free hardware upgrades coming? 😉 )

probably the absolute worst thing is that i just got a new work phone (sensation). if i had've waited just one week i probably could have got one of these instead.

EvM

Ordered mine. Apparently it will arrive tomorrow YAAAAY!

THEHOFF

4G Version of the Nexus.... Any plans soon?

or even the Note...

I want something fast and new not rehashed from 12 months ago or HTC, sence interface after 24months is a little blah...

Come on Telstra you have the buying power and market share - make the cool stuff happen... I have referred many to the network after great coverage and reliability that I have experienced and would like more reasons to keep referring.

Go to the marketing and/or strategy department and tell them you got the cool new logo/s now we need the handsets to match...

4G ICS or Windows 8 (I know I know when it gets hear)

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit