Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

4G Goes Prepaid!

http://telstra.com.au/bigpond-internet/mobile-broadband/pre-paid-mobile-broadband/get-started/

http://www.zte.com.au/telstra/MF821.htm

Interesting that the new ZTE modem is only $129 (including 3GB of data).  I wonder what the Sierra 320U (the postpaid modem) has that this modem doesn't that would cause someone to spend $299 to get it instead of this modem?

Great to see a value for money 4G prepaid product from Telstra!

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
jokiin
Level 21: Augmented

Re: 4G Goes Prepaid!

good to see, also good to see they were realistic with the pricing as well, wouldn't mind having one of these in the toolbox, I've got about 8 different USB modems already though so a bit hard to justify, would be nice though Smiley Happy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

Good question, Kalak. Given that the Pre-Paid Telstra USB 4G device also has 3G dual channel HSPA+ connectivity, I don't know what's functionally different, other than perhaps the fact that the post-paid Telstra USB 4G device (Aircard 320U) will take a micro-SIM, and two connectors for external antennae.

Maybe some people will be happy to pay more for a glossy black chassis?

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

@Drat wrote:
Maybe some people will be happy to pay more for a glossy black chassis?

Maybe? Smiley Happy

Not to mention the prepaid modem is half the size of the 320U!

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
lemon
Level 4: Private Eye

Interesting,

The ZTE-821 spec (from zte.com.au) includes 2x External anenna TS9 sockets.

Does the Telstra version (Telstra Pre-Paid USB 4G)include functional external antenna connections?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit