bindyblue
Level 2: Rookie

4g wifi modem

I have a 4g wifi modem. When I first bought the modem I was on the 4g network. Now it's saying DC all the time. ATM my phone (vodaphone) works faster. This is really annoying.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Chegzilla
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: 4g wifi modem

Hello,

DC on the device means that you are currently running on DC-HSDPA, which should be providing speeds in the range of 1.1-20mbps.

If you go here, are you inside a 4G coverage area at the moment? If so, how far away are you from the medium blue area? If you aren't, how far away from the dark blue area are you?

Let's see if we can figure this out Smiley Happy

Chegzilla

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't forget to show your appreciation - mark solutions when you see them, and provide your Kudos wherever you see a fantastic answer.
bindyblue

I'm not sure about all that information. When I signed my contract I was informed I was on the 4g coverage area. Which I was up until a week ago. A few days ago it was going from 3g to DC. Now it's pet steely DC. I thought telstra was supposed to be the best support.
bindyblue

Permanently*
bindyblue

At the moment it's downloading between20-200 Kbps.
Chegzilla

That sounds as though you might have hit your monthly limit. Have you logged on to the BigPond website to confirm that you haven't hit your monthly quota?

Chegzilla

Don't forget to show your appreciation - mark solutions when you see them, and provide your Kudos wherever you see a fantastic answer.
bindyblue

I have 4.5gb left and nine days until it runs out.
Chegzilla

Have you taken the modem far away from your house and tested the speeds you get (say 1km or more away in any direction)....if the speeds drastically increase, then there may be a congestion issue at your nearest tower. If the speeds are roughly the same, then there is a chance that the modem may be faulty...

Have you contacted BP Tech Support, and if so, what have they said?

Chegzilla

bindyblue

Going to have to call telstra after work as I tried to download something and it went even lower than kbs. Fair upset considering I switched from another network provider. Nothing has happened to the modem since I got it. So I doubt that it is faulty, because its worked perfectly till now :-(.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit