Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

5G ACTIVATION

Ordered 5G Plan and WIFI PRO modem..  It arrived within a few days but included no info on what to do to activate other than insert SIM.

Have been to telstra shop, they cannot assist.  Unable to speak to tech support.  Unable to chat to tech support (other than AI assist).

Not sure how to proceed.  Any suggestions.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: 5G ACTIVATION

If the SIM has been activated, then that is all that needs to be done.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @RQ28 I'd suggest speaking with our messaging team via the Telstra app so we can help you further with this. If they're unable to resolve, they will escalate this further for you. To do that, open the Telstra app then tap the 'get help' tab at the bottom of the screen & you will see the blue speech bubble to 'Message Us'. While you will first speak with our virtual assistant Codi, follow the prompts & if they're unable to fix, they will put you through to a team member that can assist further if you type 'more help'.

Make sure notifications are on within the Telstra app too, this way you can go about your day & reply further there when you get a response. Replies usually occur between 8am-8pm AEST. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for assistance.

Managed to eventually get on to someone via online chat.  Activated.  Up and running now.

Clocked 350 mbps today.

Very impressed.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit