xzj66778899
Level 2: Rookie

5g broadband issue

Hi Guys, I have a trouble with my broadband plan. Here's the story. 

I had Telstra prepaid mobile for 3 years. In Feb I switch it to Optus. 

Last week I bought a broadband & Sim prepaid plan on Telstra Website, paid $91.63.

Then I got the device and sim card. But it shows on the device only 2G and 28days(should be 200G/month)

After 1 day use, it shows, not available to show the data or something like that. 

Then I called Telstra, after several times consultations, the final answer gavin is that the only option I have is to switch mobile plan to Telstra, other I can't use my broadband or get refund of the service. The reason is that“Telstra don't provide single service to customer”, only combine mobile plan then I can use my broadband.  That's not acceptable at all. 

Can anyone give advise here?  Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: 5g broadband issue

What they have told you is wrong. You can just have a mobile broadband plan. You do not need to port your phone service.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
iPat91
Support Team
Support Team

@xzj66778899 on that back of what @Jupiter said, that's certainly incorrect information. I've sent you a private message to grab a little more info about that call.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - there may be some confusion related to the terminology used, particularly if the agent thought you were referring to a Shared Data Family situation where you can combine the Data allowance of the mobile phone and modem to get to a combined 200 MB per month.

Telstra does not have any Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband+SIM options that have a 200GB monthly data allowance. The maximum they have on offer is the 180GB over 365 days on a prepaid plan.

There is the 5G WiFi Pro Modem that has a $16.63 per month equipment repayment over 36 months which can be combined with the $75.00 a month Plan with 200GB download allowance, making the $91.63 per month charge which matches your figures quoted.

If the service has stopped after 2GB of download, it is likely that the new SIM included with the modem pack has not been auto programmed correctly in the network when you activated it on-line for initial connection. Clearly, Telstra need to rectify this for you in the network or send you out another SIM. Your Optus mobile phone has nothing to do with the matter being fixed by Telstra.

xzj66778899

Hi Mkrtich,

What you reply is very helpful, thank you so much.

I think the problem now is that my order created in created on 15/04, delivered on 16/04, expected completion on 17/04, but now is still "in progress". 

Despite the second phone call on 23/04 I mentioned in this post, I had made another  two phone calls on 21/04 (, raised an escalation or something, let me wait 1-2 days) and 27/04 (let me wait 5 business). 

I don't understand why it takes so long to complete an order....

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Hi xzj66778899, 

It certainly sounds like you've been waiting longer than normal, I suspect that there's an issue with the order that needs to be escalated to be fixed. Doesn't happen often but when it does of course  it's not helpful for anyone. 

I do hope this is resolved soon.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

xzj66778899

Hi Angela, I have contacted Telstra again and was told to wait another 5 business day. But still not working right now.  

I told them everything but seems they have trouble to find my account in Telstra system. So they can't help and refer me to other departments which also not help. 

My information is here if you can help me out that will be good. Because after 19 days purchase I still can't use it. That's not cool at all. 

My situation is :

I order it on Telstra website on 15/4 

got delivered on 16/4 

shows 2 GB, 28days available 

after 2 days usage, it stop working.  

I don't know who is responsible to activate it. And what should I do now to make it work. 

The order status is still “in progress” (now it has been 19 days after I reveived the device and sim card)

<removed for your privacy>

It's a Telstra Upfront Data Plan Large and 

Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro Black

AntoO
Support Team
Support Team

Hi xzj66778899

Sorry to say this one is a little outside my personal wheelhouse, you'd probably be best helped with this one by our mobile tech support team. 

Have you looped in with them at all recently?

- Anto

xzj66778899

yes, they said raised an escalation or something 2 weeks ago, but it's still not fixed yet. 

And my inquiry through phone has been transferred to several departments such as technicial team, activation team. Either let me wait or can't find my Telstra account in the system. 

AntoO
Support Team
Support Team

Alrighty, If you can come through to us on socials (Facebook or Twitter) we can take some steps to authenticate you and take a look at the case that's been raised, and forward any account details directly to the case management team so this can be looked into properly.

- Anto

xzj66778899

ok cool thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit