Mike_Crx
Level 2: Rookie

5G Checking Data Usage Information

Answered

My 5G Wi-Fi Pro (MU500) appears to sporadically restart itself with the following text displayed upon re-entering the main screen: Checking Data Usage information. 

During this restart/reboot, my 5G wifi connection drops out for a minute or 2, which as you can understand is a frustrating occurrence when on a zoom call or when streaming content. 

There are no significant system settings I have changed from factory settings, and I believe this restart can occur either when charging on when the MU500 is using its battery (not in a charging state). 

I'd say the MU500 will do this sporadic restart maybe twice or three times a day (from what I can tell). 

Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction! I guess I could do a factory reset but looking to gauge some responses first. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Crx
Accepted Solution

Re: 5G Checking Data Usage Information

Hi yes I have contacted Telstra through its chat page separately.

Performing a software update from M01 (default factory setting) to M02 appears to have helped my issue.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Mike_Crx

Today the MU500 5G has done something I haven't seen it do to date. It displayed the message 'Data usage unavailable at this time'. The wifi is disconnected with no internet connectivity. Anyone else have this problem?

Still having issues with the random reboots as discussed elsewhere on this forum. Very frustrating.

Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Mike_Crx,

Have you considered having a chat with us via the app; https://tel.st/xuuza?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mike_Crx
Accepted Solution

Hi yes I have contacted Telstra through its chat page separately.

Performing a software update from M01 (default factory setting) to M02 appears to have helped my issue.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit