Level 2: Rookie

5G Fixed Wireless trial

Would love to know who is being chosen for the 5G Fixed Wireless Trial and how do you get on the invite list. I live in that special pocket near Parramatta that cannot get NBN at all and so am forced to use 200gb Mobile Broadband SIM as my only home Broadband and I regularly go over the monthly 200gb limit. We have great 5G service from both Telstra and Vodafone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: 5G Fixed Wireless trial

You might not even be on the radar if you don't currently have a fixed line broadband service.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

Same here, need more data, and cannot get anyone on phone or chat to ask....

The consultants won't be able to give you any more details on this trial.

The way trials work is that Telstra will identify existing landline services that are under-performing in areas that have sufficient 5G infrastructure to allow a 5G fixed wireless service to work. They will then approach these households and offer them to join the trial. Once the trial is completed, then the service will be opened to the general public in areas where it is feasible to offer it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 2: Rookie

You are probably right but with no guarantees that signing up to a long term; sub-par; overpriced Telstra ADSL+ broadband service might get me invited to the 5G trial, it just isn't worth the risk.

Apart from people Telstra have identified through being long-suffering Telstra NBN customers, they should also consider customers in strong 5G areas (Parramatta) who cannot get NBN at all despite that LNP cluster**** roll-out supposedly being "finished". People like me.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit