nicole01
Level 1: Cadet

activation problems

Answered
Hi there
I activated my prepaid telstra Elite 3G usb over the telephone 2 days ago, however the telstra broadband manager which i installed says that it has not been activated. I live rurally and have 2 bars of reception and can access the internet fine on my mobile phone when i insert the sim card from the Telstra Elite usb into it.

When i click the 'activate' button the next window opens, it takes a long time to load, and when it does it says the sim number entered is incorrect and to contact telstra.

Why does the elite usb sim card work in my mobile phone and not my laptop? If it wasn't activated, why is it that i access internet on my mobile?
thanks for any help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanielM
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: activation problems

With the device connected to your computer and the connection manager, hold down the SHIFT key and click on the settings button. You should then see an extra settings tab labelled "diagnosis", select that one and make sure you have device type as Pre-Paid and Signup has been completed for this device ticked.

Give that a shot and let us know how it goes Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
DanielM
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

With the device connected to your computer and the connection manager, hold down the SHIFT key and click on the settings button. You should then see an extra settings tab labelled "diagnosis", select that one and make sure you have device type as Pre-Paid and Signup has been completed for this device ticked.

Give that a shot and let us know how it goes Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

nicole01

Thanks DanielM for your help. I did what you said and ticked the box that said 'signup has been completed' and now its working!
MIKESCHRONK

Hi, I just bought Telstra Pre-paid 3g WI-FI and I would like to activate it by computer, because I dont have any mobile at the moment, Id like to ask you if it is possible and if yes, how? Thank you for your answer,

Regards Schronk.

TheL
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Schronk, 

You can definitely activate your pre-paid service online via: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/activate

If you have trouble or you need help, you can also chat with our  pre-paid support team online via: 

http://tel.st/nxzt

- Luis

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

contessa_haul
Level 2: Rookie

Hi

I have activate my new sim to connect with my old number 5 hours ago and now i have NO PHONE

HELP!!!!

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Contessa_Haul,

Activations of new SIM Cards can take anything up to 24 hours to complete in the system, so you should have access to your phone later today. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit