carig
Level 2: Rookie

Aldi Sim cards

Hello, I bought an Aldi 365 day data only sim card  to use in my Telstra 4GX Wifi plus mobile wifi believing that I could use it in the mobile wifi given they use Telstra as a carrier. I own the apparatus outright, not as part of a Telstra plan.  However the apparatus will not recognise it saying it is a non-telstra sim.  Should it accept the Aldi sim?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Aldi Sim cards

The device is locked to Telstra and works on an actual Telstra SIM. But, you should be able to get it unlocked by Telstra. It might cost you some $$$ depending on how long you have had the device.

You can use the My Telstra app, Get Help and then the blue chat icon to ask about the unlocking..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Aldi Sim cards

Please be aware that Aldi does not use the Telstra 4GX network, but the standard Telstra 4G LTE network, which by definition provides (slower)  standard 4G data speeds.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit