ZMEB
Level 1: Cadet

Can I remotely access my 5G broadband home network and security cameras?

I have a Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro that I use at home for my broadband access. Can I remotely access my home network and security cameras? If so how?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Can I remotely access my 5G broadband home network and security cameras?

I don't think it is possible to connect to it remotely..  nothing about it in the manual that I can see..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I don't think it is possible to remotely access the network. The modem does have port forwarding but only for IPv4 IP addresses. On a mobile network the IPv4 address is not public so the modem can not be accessed remotely.

You might be able to view your security cameras remotely if they are set up to use P2P. With P2P the cameras set up a connection to a central server and can be viewed remotely by connecting to this central server.

Ozmoz

@ZMEB wrote:

I have a Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro that I use at home for my broadband access. Can I remotely access my home network and security cameras? If so how?

Hi @ZMEB 

I don't know much about security cameras, but isn't there an app that you can set up to access them remotely?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit