Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot contact live chat, keep dropping with hardly any internet.... 17 sec. delays or more

Ok, well I have just waisted an hour of my time trying to talk to live chat.

I have contacted bigpond with my wireless service issues, got an email from them asking more information because there were issues with congestion and that case was closed.  I sent more information by hitting reply on the email and have not heard back.  

Anyways, for the past 2 days now... and even before this.  My service ranges from a .01kb/s download speed to a 1mb/s download speed.  

ATM.... I can barely surf the web.  Here is my details:

3G Details

StatusConnectedPS service typeHSPA_PLUSNetworkTelstraInt'l RoamingOff

RSSI -69 ECIO -9 RSCP -69

PLMN50501

LAC49488

RAC1

PSC320

Cell ID14445653

TX Power0

IP Address***.***.***.***

Quality41

Channel UL4162

Channel Number4387

IMSI:****** pm for number, registered to bigpond on account

Current radio bandWCDMA 850(V)

Reject Code0

ICCID:***** pm for number

I have a 5 bar signal, have even installed a $200 antena to improve the quality.  My area has ridges, hills, etc. so I went with this because it was best for hilly area's.

RFI 12dBi 3G & 4G Antenna - All Bands 700-3000MHz

$185.00

SKU: RFI-LTE-1800-12dBi

More info:

RFI 12dBi 3G/Next-G and 4G Yagi Log Periodic Dipole Antenna
- Solid construction for maximum performance and reliability
- Integrated bracket for poles 25-60mm
- Can be configured in stacks or bays for higher gain applications
- Your choice of cable length and connector (SMA or N-type)
- Wide spectrum design, suits all current and planned cellular networks (including 700MHz LTE).

The true brilliance of this engineering masterpiece is it's extremely wideband design - operating on two extremely wide bands 694-1000MHz and 1500-3000MHz. Coupled with its robust durable construction, this log periodic dipole array (LPDA) antenna will stand up to the challenge of ever-changing network frequencies for years to come. This is currently the only antenna in Australia suitable for both the upcoming 700MHz 4G network, and current 1800MHz 4G networks.

Is this antenna for me?

Not sure if you'll get 4G? With an equally high gain on all other 2G/3G networks, you can still improve your current connection. With the Telstra 4G network expanding to cover 60% of Australia's population in 2013 this is an antenna you can buy with the reassurance of future compatibility. Take full advantage of the blistering fast speed the Telstra 4G network offers. If you're outside the official 4G 'coverage zone' or your modem keeps switching back over to Next-G, this antenna will help you lock on, or increase the signal strength and speed of your 4G connection.

Better for hilly areas

Lower gain yagi antennas are ideal for areas where hills are very close to your location (within about 4km). Hills create a multipath environment - transmissions that bounce off trees or terrain at an acute angle cause signal echos. Having travelled a further distance than a straight line transmission these signals are delayed, and to a simple receiver would be nothing more than interference. However thanks to clever technology used in cellular communications, multipath signals can recovered by your modem's RAKE combiner. A RAKE receiver consists of a series of sub-radios which read the incoming signal at different delay periods (typically one chip in WCDMA) and then combined to result in a higher quality signal. Smart!

This antenna rests at ground potential, providing improved lightning protection and reduced precipitation static noise.
Termination is via your choice of an 'N' female coaxial connector fitted to a short LMR195 cable tail, or SMA male connector fitted to a 10 metre low loss LMR195 cable.

We recommend the use of LMR400 grade cable when using this antenna on 4G due to it's high frequency. 4G technology employs a technology called MIMO which requires two antennas to function at full capacity - when receiving a 4G signal greater than 2 bars consider purchasing two antennas to maximise speed. Only one antenna is used on 3G.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Cannot contact live chat, keep dropping with hardly any internet.... 17 sec. delays or more

Hi Filch,

As you have a Yagi antenna, this can be moved around by strong winds and may no longer be pointed in the best direction to connect to your tower. Have you checked this and tried the antenna in both ports on the device to see if this makes a difference?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit