Ezzadog94
Level 1: Cadet

Credit but no internet access

I have wireless prepaid broadband with a tonne of credit however after connecting I can not access the internet. I've tried using the wifi on various phones and my tablet but it won't work. I tries putting more credit on and still nothing. It worked before and now suddenly won't.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
Cze

Re: Credit but no internet access

Same problem with my Elite router when trying to access internet on iPad. Solved by shutting down tablet,waiting 10 secs. Restart computer. Then turn on router simultaneously holding down WPS button (same side of router below on/off button) until "Restarting" shows up on router screen. Should connect now. Don't know about phone because don't have one.
jjmcneil

Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Ezzagod94,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

Ezzagog94, when was the last time you've recharged this device prior to your recent recharge? What's your area postcode please so I can check for any outages?

Coud you also please confirm what device you have from the list below:

FEATURED DEVICES

Wi-Fi 4G (760S)

Wi-Fi 4G (760S)

$149 + 5GB of data to use in Australia within 30 days

prepaid-wifi-4g-usb-large.jpg

4G USB + Wi-Fi

$99 + 5GB of data to use in Australia within 30 days 

telstra-4g-broadband-mf823-large.jpg

4G USB

$69 + 3GB of data to use in Australia within 30 days

Thanks Ezzdog94

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jjmcneil

I have a similar problem

I have a 4G dongle with  1 years advance credit.

When I plugged it into my computer the telstra app says that I am connected and a green light flashes on and off.

However I can not access any internet page!!

Victor_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Ezzadog94jjmcneil

Hi guys. Do either of you have telstra handsets and can you access internet on the handsets while in the same location as the broadband dongles? If so, please perform an isolation test and insert the sim from the dongle into a handset and try to access the internet. If you don't have access to a spare handset you can perform this test at a telstra shop. If you can connect to the net using the sim & the phone then its the dongles that may be having an issue.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

doobieau
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I purchased the Telstra Pre-Paid 4G USB + Wi-Fi ($99 with 5GB) yesterday (with the 'promise' Telstra will credit my account due to the NBN problems).

The reason of purchasing was due to the Telstra NBN problems causing huge amounts of customers to lose internet connection (mine since Dec 30).

Technicans had not found a solution and as we needed an internet connection (having a small on-line business) I purchased the 'stick' and the Telstra shop activated.

On plugging it in it seemed to load ok but could not connect to internet (thouhgt may be me doing something wrong so put it aside for a bit).

I tried sorting my PC internet out and actually got internet working (using numerous passwords that telstra techs had given me but had not worked).

Now, plugging in the stick all I get is "This page can't be displayed".

It show a solid green light and a flashing blue light.

My postcode is 5171.

I have searched why I can't get a page to display or internet, but no real answers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

jjmcneil

I get the same message 'page cannot be displayed'

On the computer it indicates max bars for wireless strenngth

My green light flashes on and off (no blue light seen)

Still no idea what is happening

It was bought and activated in Telstra Lonsdale Street

Victor_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Ezzadog94, jjmcneil, doobieau,

Hi Guys,

I did the following and got my test USB + Wi-Fi to work,

- Uninstalled any previous Telstra connection managers on the comp. Make sure you have not plugged the USB while doing this.

- Plugged the USB into the computer and double clicked on the Telstra Pre Paid USB 4G+Wi-Fi icon that appeared on the desktop.

- Then i double clicked on the Wi-Fi driver icon to install the modem drivers.

- Once this was complete i had to do a restart of the comp. Upon restarting i clicked on the Tesltra Pre Piad 4G USB+WiFi icon. This took me to the device interface http://m.home and i got internet access.

The above was done on a Mac but the process is the same for a PC ,

doobieau

Thanks Trevor for the reply,

I will try your suggestion tonight and see what happens.

On removing any previous Telstra connection managers - how would that be performed ?

Thanks

jjmcneil

Done that, still no luck

I know that it can connect to the internet because I can access my telstra accounts management.  These webpages come up well (albeit slowly).  It confirms that I have plenty of credit

but any other website simply tells me  'This page can not be displayed"

Very frustrating

BW  John

doobieau

Yep, tried as well and nothing (still comes up with Page can't be displayed).

So uninstalled it all and re-installed and same problem!

Starting to be a waste of $99 (and days running out).

doobieau

Today I took the PrePaid 4G USB + WiFi stick back to the Telstra shop I purchased it from to check if it had been activated by them on Mon 6th Jan and/or working properly.

They said the 5Gb that came with it was not there - I had not used any of it.

They had problems with it to the degree they replaced the sim card.

They tested the new sim card and were able to get on to bigpond site etc..

I get home and plug it in and.............This Page Can't Be Displayed......WTF !!!

What is so different ??

I'll go back tomorrow and ask for a refund !!!!!!!!!!!!

doobieau

PS: to that above.

They gave me this link myprepaid.telstra.com (no www) to check balance......and get this message.....

Error

Sorry, we cannot identify your mobile number

If you are currently on a Wi-Fi internet connection, please reconnect to the mobile network to view your account information.

Alternatively, PostPaid customers contact Telstra on 132200 or PrePaid customers contact Telstra on 125 8880.

Surprise, surprise!

Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi doobieau,

What has been the outcome when you have contacted pre-paid support about these issues? Is someone investigating it for you?

doobieau

Hi Ben and thanks for your question,

I haven't actually telephoned any "support" as yet, only just visiting my local Telstra shop where I purchased the unit.

As mentioned above, they helped in trying to find the problem I had and decided to swap the sim card (as original showed no 'bonus' e.g 5GB that came with unit.

They tested the new sim card using the 'stick' and they advised it was ok and all I had to do was plug it in to a usb port on my pc.

I decied to uninstall any pat software and re-instal, but on dbl clicking the telstra icon the "this page can't be displayed' showed up.

I can not check any settings of the unit etc. as I can not get 'in to' it to check.

When plugged in to a usb port there is a solid green light (network indicator) another solid green light (which did not show when 1st sim card was inserted) for message indicator and a flashing blue light (where WiFi idicator should be) but manual says "Registered to 3G network (even though the unit is a 4G unit).

Just not sure what else to do as I can not doing anything my end.

Thanks

TimBartel
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I would recommend in that case getting in touch with our pre paid support team just here: http://tel.st/nxzt so that we can do some investigation on our end.

Thanks, Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Jane-49

I have had my ipad for some months now with no problem connecting to the internet until yesterday when nothing would allow me to connect, not even with wi-fi which is connected to my satellite serviced PC.

I have plenty of credit but no acces to the net. I tried a different browser but still nothing.

Can you tell me why, when I have had access all this time (although at holiday times, visitors to our sea side town pushes our service to breaking point) there is a message stating that Safari "could not connect to the server" ?

My laptop works fine with the wi-fi so I know its not the modem. What's going on? (postcode is 2536)

Help!

thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Jane-49,

I would recommend having a chat to our PrePaid team on 1258887 about your problems there, they're the experts on these technical issues.

-Dylan

peite

I have 4G wireless prepaid broadband with a tonne of credit however after connecting I can not access the internet. I've tried using the dongle on another computer but it won't workstill nothing. It worked before and now suddenly won't.

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi peite

I'd recommend having a chat with our Pre-Paid team so we can ensure everything is ok on our side: 

http://tel.st/nxzt

If it is, they'll be able to assist you with some troubleshooting to get your device back up and running 🙂 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit