Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

credit drained

Hi we have a Telstra 4g pocket wifi modem, that connect to 5 devices. We put $80 credit on it on the 8th of april And today the 11th of April it is saying we have only $26 credit left. And only 1.3gb. I was told $80 credit would give us 6gb. We had 5 gb when we first connected, which lasted us almost a month. But 3 days after recharging it is telling us, we are almost out?!? We only have 2 mobiles connected to the device, and only use our mobiles for Facebook. If this is how long $80 credit allows us to have Internet connection, we are not happy at all. Could someone please explain how so much credit could be drained so quickly this recharge, but not the last. When we are using it less than last time? Also how do we check the messages on the device. I've tried the link on other questions and it won't load. Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: credit drained

Hi RobKirsty

We can certainly assist with your pre-paid enquiry via 24x7 Pre-paid Chat here: http://tel.st/nxzt  This is a secure channel and will allow us to access your account to investigate. Please note though that as our systems are being updated tonight we will not have account access until after 10 am EST tomorrow.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I too have had my credit drained today!  Can someone from Telstra contact me?  There is no way to contact you in a hurry - 13 in a queue for 24x7 and 17 minutes on hold on a mobile??? that's not good enough.  I want to know why I recharge $20 on a prepaid mobile and process 1 online payment and there is no credit left.  Recharged and teh same thing happened again.  REcharged $30 on my cap encore credit - I get a sms to say I have extra credit for data but then the internet dropped otu - no credit!!! $70 in one day to pay 4 payments and make 2 calls, adn send 2 texts.  What is going on???? I am expecting a new sim for a plan tomorrow so didn't want to recharge excessively - what a joke!

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey shelly0,

If you are on Cap Encore or Beyond Talk then recharging $20 will not get you a new credit period, that would just be a top up charge that wouldn't change your credit expiry date:

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates/

I'm not sure what has happened to your $30 recharge though, that would be something that you'd need to have a chat to our PrePaid team about either via Live Chat:

http://tel.st/nxzt

or by calling on 1258887.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for your reply although it doesn't solve the problem or address the issue.  I was not expecting a new credit period...I kept recharging for $20 to use some data to make four online payments...I made one payment and then was told I was out of credit (just after recharging and receiving confirmation of successful recharge).  This happened a second time and then the third time was a $30 recharge.  All on the one afternoon.  I will make a call to a consultant when I have more time.  I recently had success with one person in regards to an online order for a mobile broadband sim so I can contact her again.

Thanks 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I recommend checking the data rates for your selected Pre-Paid plan, for example Cap Encore data is charged at $2 per megabyte so you could easily use a $20 recharge in a very short period. You can review your plan rates here: http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/index.htm

Highlighted

It could be an issue with those devices. I have had mine topped up several times for free by Telstra when they couldnt account for the data being used. Very good but didnt answer why it was using it.

Gave up and got ADSL and usage was 200Mb a day max. 

Recharged Telstra mobile broadband and 10G went n less than a week..

Now trialing an Optus device, just out of curiosity, and 5 days 800Mb.

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

OMG..  we have had the same issue and even tried to get help from 24hr helplines but they either hung up and kept repeating same scripted lines to buy their products and go on a contract.

I managed to lose $180 within a 3 DAYS!!!!

They blame everyone else and of no help.  Before we had to get new modem $180 lasted 3 months, now not even a week.  We actually use it less and less cos it justs eats the credit so quickly.

I see Im not the only one and telstra replies seem to direct you away from the public eye. Is this telstra's attempt to hide the facts we are being ripped offf?

I don't want a contract with telstra.  I'm not going to let you rip me off in a monthly bill!!!

If it costs $180 within a week what will the monthly bill be????

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi TanyaM, 

Our BigPond Mobile Broadband plans have shaping available so if you exceed your allowance your service is only slowed: 

http://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/mobile-broadband/plans/

With your usage we aren't able to review what sites and such is visited. Our systems only review traffic and time spent with pre paid and this is how we calculate usage. 

Have you performed a security check on your PC? 

-Patrice

Highlighted

You slow down service when  you are close to allowed amount?   Qin't that drive me crazy when Im 4 days of new month?  I don't think you understand what my problem is.

Nobody has explanned why your new prepaid modem chews though all this credit.  Please explan this and stop tryong to sell more of your products when you haven'r even explained this 1 QUESTION

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi tanyaM,

Get in contact with our mobile faults team any time of day or night, who look after prepaid device issues on 132200 (say mobile phone fault). They can help check your usage logs with you, to try and make sense what is happening. You can also view this via your My Account here: http://tel.st/cpyn

Highlighted

I have checked those things already. Arent you dizzy enough yet? round and round we go.  No straight answer ever.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit