Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Data Usage Bizarre

Use a Telstra 4gx wifi pro modem for internet access in poor coverage area. Over last 3 months data usage has exceeded limit in first two days of monthly cycle...10-15 Gb per day with web browsing only. Have had to increase data to avoid 1.5mb reshaping. After exploring all Telstra help options...Online - told me to ring 132200. Phoned - told me to go online...24/7 link sent - communicated with two reps who just stopped responding... and a physical shop visit in which I was told to go home and reset the modem...which I followed but with no change.

Gave up and removed battery and SIM card from modem. Unbelievably data usage has continued to be 6-9 Gb per day...with modem totally disconnected.

Any ideas where to from here?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Data Usage Bizarre

Not good at all to read about he data usage issues. Please check out the following page for some tips which might help to stay on top of things: https://tel.st/6r8jk

Let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit