Mrveloster
Level 1: Cadet

Data Usage

I have noticed that for the last 3 months my data has been unusually very high normally i use around just over half of

my 8gig mobile broadband but it has been getting gobbled up within the first 1 or so days, the wierd thing is we have gone from 2 laptops and 1 PC down to 1 new PC we changed every thing after i noiced the first spike of my monthly  usage thinking that the old 2 laptops and pc were using more as they were getting old, I know have to continplate do I go up to the 15 gig plan and if i were to do this will it mean starting a whole new contract or will it just carry on the old contract and finish up when the old is due?? any help will be great.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Data Usage

Heya Mrveloster,

Welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

That does seem quite odd, however you have mentioned a new pc, is it possible that there were updates required for the pc when you started using it with your mobile broadband? This may very well be the reason for the spike in usage.

If you were to upgrade to a higher usage plan, there would be no need to enter into a new contract unless you were looking to recontract the service or change your current mobile broadband device.

Also once your contract ends, your service continues on a month-to-month basis until you either choose to recontract or disconnect your service.

It is also good to know, that should you choose to upgrade your plan, you can change it back down next month, at no extra cost. You have the ability to change your mobile broadband plan once a month.

Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else  we can assist with. Smiley Wink

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit