PaulB123
Level 1: Cadet

Dynamic DNS on MF91

Hi,

I have purchased 4G Wireless wifi router MF91.

I know I can't get a static IP address.

Can I get Dynamic DNS with this Router?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
jokiin
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Dynamic DNS on MF91

don't have mine to hand right now, check the manual as most models support this, The User Manual is available from the device web interface.
After connecting via Wi-Fi go to 192.168.0.1 to view the web client.
The Admin login password is 'password'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

jokiin wrote:
The User Manual is available from the device web interface.

And also here: http://www.zte.com.au/telstra/MF91.htm

No matches for “DNS” in the User Manual.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
jokiin
Level 21: Augmented

actually I think the manual offered there is just a basic one and the full manual is on the device, even just flicking through the various menu pages it shouldn't be a problem to find the setting if it is available though
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
shar0119
Level 1: Cadet

Take a look at dynu.com. I have been using Dynu.com as my free dynamic DNS provider for some years now and it works the fastest. My Zyxel router supports dynu.com but they also have clients for Windows, Mac OS, Mac OS X, Linux etc.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit