Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Elite mobile wifi

Answered

Hi

Sorry I can't seem to find this information on the website.

Does the amount of unused data roll over when the elite mobile wifi is recharged within the expiry period? Also how do I know the remaining data, my usuage history tells me how much I have used, but not how much is left.

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Elite mobile wifi

smc2111 wrote:

Does the amount of unused data roll over when the elite mobile wifi is recharged within the expiry period? Also how do I know the remaining data, my usuage history tells me how much I have used, but not how much is left.

Part B – Pricing Plans – Pre Paid Pricing Plans in the Telstra Mobile section of Our Customer Terms states:

4.24You have a set period of time from your successful recharge to use the included credit as set out in the tables above. Unused data credit after this time will expire. If you recharge your service before your credit expiry date, your new credit expiry date will be the later of either:
 (a) the expiry date for your existing balance (before your recharged); or
 (b) the expiry date for your new recharge amount.
4.25Different credit expiry rules apply for transfers using the Credit Me2U feature. Please see clauses 4.30 to 4.41 (inclusive) for details.
4.26For the avoidance of doubt, your recharge amount does not entitle you to a pre- determined volume of data. Rather, your recharge amount entitles you to a particular data rate per megabyte, as set out above.

So, if you recharge within 20 days prior to your pre-paid credit (note: not “data”) expiry date, your “unused” credit balance will certainly “roll over” and have a new, later expiry date determined by your recharge amount.

Also how do I know the remaining data, my usuage history tells me how much I have used, but not how much is left.

Your pre-paid credit balance, in conjunction with the applicable data rate per megabyte as determined by the amount of your most recent recharge, will determine how much “remaining data” you have left.

If your most recent recharge was $30, the data rate applicable to your service would be set to 4.29c per MB, and so if at a given point in time (subsequent to the recharge) your credit balance is $17.75, then you have (17.750.0429) ≈ 414 MB left. If you then recharge $50, your credit balance will become $(17.75+50) = $67.75, and the applicable data rate for the whole lot becomes 1.63c per MB, and so you have (67.750.0163) ≈ 4156 MB left.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hiya!

Most of their prepaid recharges for mobile broadband expire within 30 days. But there are a couple that are different, it just depends how much you recharged. There's a table here http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-broadband-prepaid/rates/

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

smc2111 wrote:

Part B – Pricing Plans – Pre Paid Pricing Plans in the Telstra Mobile section of Our Customer Terms states:

4.24You have a set period of time from your successful recharge to use the included credit as set out in the tables above. Unused data credit after this time will expire. If you recharge your service before your credit expiry date, your new credit expiry date will be the later of either:
 (a) the expiry date for your existing balance (before your recharged); or
 (b) the expiry date for your new recharge amount.
4.25Different credit expiry rules apply for transfers using the Credit Me2U feature. Please see clauses 4.30 to 4.41 (inclusive) for details.
4.26For the avoidance of doubt, your recharge amount does not entitle you to a pre- determined volume of data. Rather, your recharge amount entitles you to a particular data rate per megabyte, as set out above.

So, if you recharge within 20 days prior to your pre-paid credit (note: not “data”) expiry date, your “unused” credit balance will certainly “roll over” and have a new, later expiry date determined by your recharge amount.

Also how do I know the remaining data, my usuage history tells me how much I have used, but not how much is left.

Your pre-paid credit balance, in conjunction with the applicable data rate per megabyte as determined by the amount of your most recent recharge, will determine how much “remaining data” you have left.

If your most recent recharge was $30, the data rate applicable to your service would be set to 4.29c per MB, and so if at a given point in time (subsequent to the recharge) your credit balance is $17.75, then you have (17.750.0429) ≈ 414 MB left. If you then recharge $50, your credit balance will become $(17.75+50) = $67.75, and the applicable data rate for the whole lot becomes 1.63c per MB, and so you have (67.750.0163) ≈ 4156 MB left.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for your quick and informative reply. Greatly appreciated.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit