Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Elite WiFi disconnections

I recently switched from Optus to Telstra prepaid mobile broadband when I bought the Telstra Elite Mobile wifi device.

I keep it on my office desk connected to an iPad & iPhone. The reception & speed is great but when I go to a meeting, the device goes to idle & disconnects from the network. When I get back to my desk I have to manually switch on the device & wait a couple of minutes for it to reconnect to the network.

I spoke to Telstra support & was told this is how their device works and I couldn't stop it disconnecting.

Can anyone confirm this ? If it's true I'd rather go back to the slower Optus network that has continuous connectivity.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Elite WiFi disconnections

Hi rtse999,

This is correct. The device will enter standby mode after ten minutes of nothing being connected to it via wifi. The only way around this would be to ensure there is something connected to the wifi whenever you don’t want it to enter standby mode.

Thanks 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit