CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Elite ZTE MF60

Is there any way that I can force the Elite from NOT going to sleep? I have to site the MF60 about 50 feet from my PC for best signal. The MF60 keeps turning off the WiFi signal and breaks the connection to my PC. Then I have to physically press the WPS button to connect again to my PC. This happens so often it is becoming very irritating.

Thanks, Robert

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Elite ZTE MF60

You could run a continuous ping from your desktop, uses a small amount of data but would keep the connection active, in Windows

click on Start, go to Run

type CMD then press enter

type ping www.google.com -t

this will run a ping continuously

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted

Yeah no way you can turn the timeout off I have contacted ZTE about this, even when on AC or USB power the router will go into power save mode which IS very frustrating as I use one in the car for long trips and every time I get back in my phone/ipad won't reconnect automatically. Actually there are many uses where you would not what this to go to sleep sadly ZTE aren't interested in adding the extra line of code needed to disable sleep mode when AC power is detected.

Only way I got around this was to use an old mobile (that had wifi) to check for email every 10 minutes on an unused email account, added little traffic to my overall usage.

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. (Yes ZTE too asked me to try connecting to AC or USB which I had done of course to no avail.)

I am now trying out "KeepALive V1.2" from a CNT download that can ping the connection periodically. You can set the ping interval to a few minutes thereby minimising the bytes used-up. Not sure how it will work but will let CrowdSupport know.

Cheers,

Robert

Highlighted

Thanks very much Jokiin for the clever solution. What is the command please to png it only say every minute or two? I tried "-60" tagged on and it completed after a few time. You command does work but would it require an overhead of cpu and bytes?

Cheers,

robnel

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

@robnel200 wrote:

Thanks very much Jokiin for the clever solution. What is the command please to png it only say every minute or two? I tried "-60" tagged on and it completed after a few time. You command does work but would it require an overhead of cpu and bytes?

Cheers,

robnel

-i is the the wait command but I don't believe this works in Windows, CPU overhead I don't think you could measure the impact is so small, I do have a remote site where I do this at sometimes to keep a 3G connection active and I can't recall the exact number but I did check it once and I had used 3 or 4 mb maybe for a whole day of the ping running, it was really quite minimal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted

Re: Elite ZTE MF60 / Keeping WiFi Permanently On

Hi Guys,

I have now managed a simple scheme using "KeepAlive"  to keep the MF60 WiFi alive even when I turn off the internet (for security purposes). Works really well and only uses 0.9Mb per month and that too not "internet usage" as it only pings the MF60.

Does anyone know the best firewall settings for the MF60 when using Windows XP? (I am using WPA2 but as an added precaution...)

Cheers,

RobNel200

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

HI All,

Has anyone else had the Wi-Fi chip in the Elite ZTE MF60 fail?  I have tried on all of my computers/ipads/blackberry but all devices now fail to find the wi-fi network.

?

Andrew.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit