Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Extra data for Covid19

Answered

The website says I can register for this extra 25gb of data, but there is absolutely no where to do it!!!

i think it’s a scam. You can get help in the app and you can’t ring them. Pretty frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Extra data for Covid19

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

And don't worry - it's certainly not a scam, Disgruntled76.  I registered my family's three mobiles just after 8.00am yesterday and we each received confirmation SMSs just over an hour later. 

I did this via the My Telstra app; the front page had a box saying "Extra data during COVID-19" and it took me to page asking for my name and up to ten mobile numbers.  

Highlighted

No such box for me I’m afraid. Pretty typical of this lot.

Highlighted

You are a legend. That link is definitely no where in my app at all. Hopefully it works for me, kids are hammering the mobile broadband! Thankyou so much!

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I’ve activated my 25% extra free data.

You must be a post bill mobile customer and have the Telstra 24/7 App or new My Telstra App.  Log into the app and just follow the link to activate the extra free data.. need to submit your mobile No and it’s activated very quickly 

Thanks Telstra for the generous offer 

Highlighted

I am a post bill customer, I have the latest app. But no links anywhere. Believe me I have looked. 

Highlighted

Is your postpaid service listed in the My Telstra app?

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Further to 's comment, Disgruntled76, I just thought I'd mention that Telstra does have several apps, and last time they provided extra data, I'd looked at the wrong one!

When I open the "My Telstra" app, I see a screen with "Home" in the top-left corner, an "Afternoon .." greeting, my Tier and points, ands then the "Extra data during COVID-19" box which I clicked to get to the form to provide my name and mobile numbers.  Beneath that box, is a "Your Services" section with an icon for each mobile, internet, home phone and Foxtel.

If you're in the right place with postpaid services from Telstra and not getting the above, I'd suggest you touch "Get help" in the bottom row and then use the "Message Telstra" icon that will (hopefully) appear.  It's how Telstra finally responded to me a few days ago so from personal experience it works when all other channels had not!

Highlighted

Just to let you know this happened to me as well I had to use the link someone gave me on these chats. This has been extended again til the 30 June so make sure you keep topping up. This time around at least the box did show up on my telstra app.  Good Luck.

Highlighted

Thankyou! Good to know I’m not insane. I think I clicked every conceivable link in my app and on my desktop and got nothing. Also for me the above link worked and I have my data which is great. The problem is two weeks of frustration. No help from Telstra, just all of you good citizens who solved it quickly!
I hope Telstra have a good look  at this as a bigger picture. Their offshore model has failed miserably and maybe they can look at more Australian Jobs.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I'm trying to get my data?

Howdy
Highlighted

How do I go about it?

Howdy
Highlighted

Highlighted

My phone will not even download the app, just sits there "waiting for download" !!!

Highlighted

Hi

I used this link and data was credited within 24hrs.

Cheers

Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

Awesome. Thank you

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit