Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Free data during virus crisis

Answered

So how does one actually activate this in the 24/7 app? Nothing appears for me as yet. Or does it not become available until Thursday? “Telstra postpaid mobile customers will also be given an extra 25GB data allowance if they apply for it within the Telstra 24x7 app by the end of March, and some prepaid customers can access an extra 10GB.”

Cheap, Fast, Reliable . . . you may only pick two
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Free data during virus crisis

go to https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/COVID-19

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

I'm presuming that we won't see it in the App until Thursday...as it says from Thursday.

"Post-paid customers can apply for the extra data via our Telstra 24×7 and My Telstra Apps from Thursday until 31 March and the data will be available within 24 hours."

"Eligible pre-paid customers can apply for the extra data via our Telstra 24×7 and My Telstra Apps from Thursday until 31 March and the offer will be applied to customer accounts within 24-48 hours."

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

Where in the article did it say this ? I must have missed it.

"Post-paid customers can apply for the extra data via our Telstra 24×7 and My Telstra Apps from Thursday until 31 March and the data will be available within 24 hours””

Highlighted

You'll find that wording in the 3rd paragraph of the below link. 

https://exchange.telstra.com.au/supporting-our-customers-during-covid-19/

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

Ah ok, makes sense now. Not in the article I originally posted. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

So it’s now Thursday, but I still can’t see how to apply for it on the 24x7 app?

Highlighted

Go to the "Home" screen on the 24x7 app and there is a note at the top. Click on that and it will take you to a registration page.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

@WCB, when you open up the 24/7 App it will open on the "Services" screen.

You should see a banner up the top of the screen....press on that.

If a customer is using the new My Telstra App, it will show on the "Home" screen (which is the screen you see when you open the App) in a box saying "Extra Data during COVID-19"....customer's need to press on this.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Of course if like me one cannot see any services, and have been in a constant login loop since last week when I enquired I store about my account, I won’t be able to access the free data. Won’t be able to top up prepaid wifi either. Or check whether I am using up said data on wifi or mobile. What to do? Troubleshooting - did that. Access online help - no help. Logged in, logged out, paid phone bill in store - still no help. Fun! 

Bee happy
Highlighted

I don't see this banner either, I have four (4) services, of which I can only see three (3) in the services list, but no where is there a banner that takes me too the screen in question to activate this... I have checked for app updates, this is current, I have logged out and then back in again, still no banner.... what now ???

Steve

Accepted Solution

go to https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/COVID-19

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for that, too easy Smiley Happy

Steve

Highlighted

On the IPad my banner was missing, but if you close the app and re open the banner appeared and link takes you to the form that has been attached in this chat.

To close app double press the home button and will show all open apps, then just swipe off the screen the app to close. I didn’t realise how many I had open and perhaps explains slow IPad?

Cheers

Highlighted

When do i get 25g of data 

Highlighted
Highlighted

There's a dot in between say.telstra.

@Jasonscott1975 @

Highlighted

What happens after the 31st March , I see we are being asked to register for this extra data ,what happens after the 31st will we need to start paying for it ...

Highlighted

Thankyou!!!! This is the only advice that worked. 

Highlighted

I cannot access the gree 25g data either .Everything I click on doesnt take me to register like the first time

Highlighted

I already had the 25g of data and going for a 2nd lot but  ant access it.It should have no time restrictions to get it.But offer finishes end if june

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit