Darthcolo
Level 1: Cadet

How to set-up the Vodafone WiFi Hub (DMA0120VHA) to work with Telstra 4G SIM card?

Hi community! I have just received a Telstra 4G SIM card I want to use it in my Vodafone WiFi Hub (DMA0120VHA). The things is that is not working. I have already set up Telstra's APN on the device (telstra.internet).

Anyone could give me a hand with this?

Thanks!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How to set-up the Vodafone WiFi Hub (DMA0120VHA) to work with Telstra 4G SIM card?

The firmware may not allow the 4G backup to work in that modem (similar to using a Telstra modem with a different provider's SIM).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Re: How to set-up the Vodafone WiFi Hub (DMA0120VHA) to work with Telstra 4G SIM card?

Hi - would you clarify what you are trying to achieve in terms of your configuration - is the WiFi Hub connected to a working NBN DSL/WAN service and you are trying to activate the Telstra SIM for BackUp when NBN is down or are you wishing to use the Wi-Fi Hub as a Mobile Broadband Router independent of any NBN service.

If the latter , is there any setting in the Hub which Disables the Primary WAN 1 ( DSL or WAN) and allows you to Enable WAN 2 as the Mobile SIM permanently. A picture of the WAN and Mobile screens may give some more clues. I take it you have checked with Vodafone to confirm the unit is not locked to their network.

Darthcolo
Level 1: Cadet

I called Vodfone... and the 4G capability only works with an active Vodafone connection (not even a 4G SIM card only). I now have a nice black Vodafone sponsored paper holder...

cf4

You can get Telstra Smart modems on Ebay for as little as $20 and if you shop around in secondhand shops like cash convertors you can get them for as little as $5. Thes modem's do work with a normal Telstra Mobile broadband SIM installed.

Mkrtich

Thanks for your feedback. In case of interest to you or friends and family in the future , you may be re-purpose the modem by configuring it as WiFi Access Point connected by a LAN cable to a primary modem for extended in home wireless coverage.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit