Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I have a Telstra Elite dongle and a SIM card on a Telstra Prepaid Mobile Broadband Plus plan

I paid $50 recently for 25GB data over 28 days on this device/plan. Previously, I was able to connect 2 or more devices via WIFI concurrently with this dongle - it would now appear this 'sharing' feature has been disabled - only 1 WIFI connection at a time? Am I missing something, or has Telstra rather sneakily removed the feature without advising anybody?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: I have a Telstra Elite dongle and a SIM card on a Telstra Prepaid Mobile Broadband Plus plan

As a WI-Fi dongle (more accurately a Wingle - Wi-Fi Dongle), the SIM doesn't have any effect on the number of devices connecting? There is a single Broadband service connected to the router component, which then manages multiple Wi-Fi connections.

I have several devices of that nature (but on post paid services), they are all working fine.

Has anything else changed? Do you devices that you are trying to connect, see the Wingle SSID when you try to find a network to connect to?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

Re: I have a Telstra Elite dongle and a SIM card on a Telstra Prepaid Mobile Broadband Plus plan

SteveW_52: all devices see & can connect to the 'Wingle' individually. However, after the 1st device is connected, any other device trying to connect to the same Wingle is denied - 'cannot connect at this time' or words to that effect. As soon as 1st device is disconnected, another device can connect OK. Nothing else has changed on the Wingle - obviously, both the IOS on the iPad and Windows on the laptop have had OS upgrades since the Wingle was last used satisfactorily.

Highlighted

Hmmm..  thats odd. I wonder if something like Protected Mode Frames (PMF) is set on the Wi-Fi of the devices? that could explain it. Especially if it all worked OK sometime in the past.

I am not sure I have one of those exactly but it's more than likely. There are quite a few products called Telstra Elite..  if you slide the over off, can you see another model name? MF????  E????

If you have a device connected, can you check the properties of the network connection particularly the IP address of the device you are using, and the gateway IP..

With the gateway address you should be able to use that in a browser to get to the Wingle user interface - username and password I am not sure of..   (I always set my to a common set of credentials to avoid overtaxing the grey matter).  But if I know the real device make and model, I might be able to find a manual/user guide to help further

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Highlighted

Is this the modem you have?  http://www.ztemobiles.com.au/downloads/User_guides/MF60_Help.pdf

If so, this might help you check a few things out..  

Stevo 52
Highlighted

Device model is a Telstra Elite MF-60 - gateway IP address is 192.168.0.1, user name /password is 'admin & admin' (I will change password shortly!!). Have never had to tweak/alter any of the device settings to permit sharing, don't know what I'd need to change anyway? Thanx for your help/interest.

Highlighted

Did you get the manual I sent a link for? page 13 & 14 have some settings related to number of devices - AP isolation and Max Station Number for example?  on page 11 is details on resetting to factory defaults..

Stevo 52
Highlighted

Hi again! I have just done a device reset on the MF-60, and am now able to connect at least 3 devices concurrently. Again - thanks for your assistance & interest.

Highlighted

Good news then..  

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit