jaixlee
Level 1: Cadet

Internet/wifi stopped working

My internet/wifi stopped working Wednesday evening after my Nighthawk M2 router had to do a software update.

It then kept repeatedly restarting itself and failing to show as an available network for my computer or TV.

When it does briefly appear as an available network for my computer it says 'cannot connect to this network' then disappears again, and router restarts itself.

Live chat with telstra Friday told me there was an outage in my area which should be resolved 6am Saturday.

It is now 7pm Sunday and i am still having this issue.

I have tried restarting, factory resetting, software updating and reinserted sim.

Am now waiting on telstra live chat yet again.

Anyone have any idea what the issue is??

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Internet/wifi stopped working

You could try disconnecting all cables, powering off, removing the battery and leaving it off for an hour or so, then refit the battery, power it on with battery only  and see if the modem starts up properly. Don't try to connect anything until it does..

If the modem is OK, you can connect power and and try one device to connect to it.. if OK then try the others..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Internet/wifi stopped working

You can monitor outages on the Telstra Outage website.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit