gr3yn0mad
Level 1: Cadet

invalid IP address

My network adapter continues to show an error message    INVALID IP ADDRESS     how does one fix this 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: invalid IP address

The first thing to try when this occurs is to turn off all devices connected to the modem/router and the modem/router itself. Then turn the modem/router on and the devices back on one at a time.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
gr3yn0mad

Kalak 

Thank you for your reply 

Unfortunately I do not have a modem / router . 

I use a mobile broadband device from Telstra which tells me there is no valid IP address config 

Can you still offer advice 

Gr3yn0mad 

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The device that you use to connect to the Mobile Broadband network is still a modem. Can you advise if your device is branded Telstra or BigPond (as they are handled differently and by different areas) and what the model is?

But essentially, what Kalak advised is correct a restart of your modem and computers is the way to resolve this issue. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

gr3yn0mad

Hi Shelley 

Thank you for answering the request 

The unit I have is a Telstra Next G sierra wireless HSPA modem # 3 and

on one side and the other reads Bigpond ultimate 

Should I still do as Kalak advised 

Graeme 

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Restarting the modem and computers is troubleshooting 101, so there is no issue with trying this, and is in fact recommended. 

Assuming you have the 4G WiFi Sierra AC760s, then when you turn this device back on, it should show a splash screen with either BigPond or Telstra and this is usually the easiest way to confirm which provider your service is with.

In your first post you advised that your network adapter shows the message Invalid IP Address. If you connect your modem to your computer using the USB cable and disabling the WiFi, do you still get the same message?

Let me know how you go.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

gr3yn0mad

Hi Shelley

I have deleted the testra next g off the computer . Then restarted and re installed the the unit 

IThen did a trouble shoot and the local area adapter config IP address was still invalid 

I turned off  the wifi  and again did the troubleshoot with the same result 

As I stated before the unit is a sierra wireless 3G  with testra one side and bigpond the other 

My account is Bigpond 

Is there somewhere i can look and see if the ip address is actually in the system and if not what are the paths I need to type in to create the valid IP address

Graeme 

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

As the Sierra AC753s [ userguide ] is configured internally with your BigPond login details, then you don't need the Telstra Mobile Broadband Connection manager. If this isn't the device that you have, take a peek under the back cover to confirm.

- Shelly

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit