mackies
Level 1: Cadet

is 3G21WB wifi modem for 4g

Answered

we got the 4g network on in our area a couple of months ago , so i called telstra to get upgraded and they sent me out a new wireless router model 3G21WB - i eventually got it to work but it does not seem any faster than the 3g one i had before - i am doubting that it is for 4g as it does not have any 4g logos or LEDS  only 3g . its on 850Mhz band.

what ya reckon...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: is 3G21WB wifi modem for 4g

Hi Mackies,

This is a 3G modem, so you will not be able to use with our 4G network as it simply does not support it.

In saying that, this modem has been discontinued for some time now. When did they send this out to you? It should have been superseded by this modem: http://www.netcommwireless.com/product/3g/3g41wt which is 4G compatible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

On the fringe? May need an external antenna? If you force it to 4G what happens?

Cheers,
Dave

mackies

yea Dave , i'm not real tech savvy - dont know how to force it to 4g - yes my last modem had an external aerial and i have ordered the correct type for this new one . but i have this one sitting outside at the moment and its showing 4 out of 5 bars - i did a speed test and it was around 1.5mbps down/upload .

as i mentioned before it , if it was a 4g router ( bigpond ultimate gateway 3G21WB ) you think it would have 4G logos all over it ?

whats more i searched the netcomm site and it says that model is discontinued..

Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Sorry I may have lead you up the garden path. I recon you're onto something and might have call up and ask why?

Note to self... Read post fully Smiley Wink

Cheers,
Dave

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi Mackies,

This is a 3G modem, so you will not be able to use with our 4G network as it simply does not support it.

In saying that, this modem has been discontinued for some time now. When did they send this out to you? It should have been superseded by this modem: http://www.netcommwireless.com/product/3g/3g41wt which is 4G compatible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

mackies

Thanks Jesse S , I'll be making a phone call tomorrow armed with that info.

Cheers , Mackies.

TheL
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Jesse has gone home for the day. Keep us posted with how things go. 

- Luis

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit