set89
Level 1: Cadet

MF910Y Wifi off

Hi,

I updated the software but as a result the wifi has switched off & i cant switch it back on

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: MF910Y Wifi off

Did you turn the modem wi-fi off for a reason and you can't re-enable it because you can't connect to the modem by Wi-Fi any more?

You can try connecting to the modem with a USB cable..  or try a factory reset by pressing the little button next to the SIM card - with the modem powered on,  use a straightened out paper clip (aka "techo's portable toolkit") to press the button until the lights on the modem go out. The modem will be restored to factory defaults, so if you have any customised setting you need to make a note of those first (Wi-Fi name/password etc.)  The wi-fi should then be enabled on the restart.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Emily99
Support Team
Support Team

Re: MF910Y Wifi off

How were you going with this one? If you needed further assistance, please reach out to our technical team online here: https://tel.st/aq5la

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit