jebz
Level 4: Private Eye

Missing recharge options on new Prepaid Mobile Broadband

I received an email titled "Say hello to your new Pre-Paid plan". It had links for more information which showed 2x 366day recharge options that don't appear since I was migrated from my old plan on the 5th Feb2021.

This is a list of the recharge options -

Recharge Amount Recharge Expiry Data Inclusion Roll Over Information

$20 14 days 5GB Recharge before expiry to roll over unused data. Use within your next recharge.

$30 28 days 12GB Recharge before expiry to roll over unused data. Use within your next recharge.

$50 28 days 35GB Recharge before expiry to roll over unused data. Use within your next recharge.

$70 366 days 40GB Recharge before expiry to roll over unused data. Use within your next recharge.

$100 366 days 180GB Recharge before expiry to roll over unused data. Use within your next recharge.

I encountered quite a bit of negative discussion regarding the missing options, with the recharges appearing as the old rates.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Beau
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Missing recharge options on new Prepaid Mobile Broadband

The "Welcome to your new Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband plan." page at https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-broadband/prepaid/update also makes mention of the $70/40GB/366 days, and $100/180GB/366 days options.

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-broadband/prepaid/compare-plans however does not, and seems to have the old 'Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Go' options of $150/40GB/1 year and $300/170GB/1 year.

I was really looking forward to the $70/40GB & $100/180GB options on the new 'Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband plan' and don't understand why they aren't available???

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Missing recharge options on new Prepaid Mobile Broadband

Hi @jebz, @Beau,

Have you both been able to get any answers to this problem of not being able to recharge $70/ 40GB 366 days or $100/ 180GB 366 days expiry?

Telstra have Retracted this offer to their Pre-Paid mobile broadband customer's that were being forced onto a new plan. There are a lot of customer's this has happened to including @booknut which I have been replying to in the below link regarding this.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/pre-paid-mobiles/say-hello-to-your-new-pre-paid-plan-email/td...

It also happened to my sister.

I suggest anyone having the same problem to:

1. Ring ACCC to report this

2. Ringing Telstra Complaints on 1800 247 862

3. Ring TIO to report this

4. Google your state's Consumer Protection Agency to get a phone number to report this.

All the above need to know what Telstra has done to their customer's. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit