Tattycat
Level 4: Private Eye

Mobile b/band dongle

For a few years I have used my Telstra 4g dongle with varying degrees of performance. How ironic that when a telstra survey was sent to me two days ago which I completed my 4g dongle has started to misbehave and is now dropping out after 5 mins use.  I guess my assessment of the service level was not satisgactory

Has anyone else had this experience ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Mobile b/band dongle

I dunno if Telstra can reach out that far!!  Smiley Happy

For those sorts of dropout problems there could be several reasons, a device issue, a tower issue (upgrades are happening everywhere with the 5G rollout) or just congestion..  Is this just occurring in one place or have you tried it in other locations with possibly a different tower?

Have you tried a different SIM?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SUPERJAZA
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Mobile b/band dongle

I have a very old dongle 4g.   I just returned to Oz after 1 year away.  About 3 months ago my old plan was changed to the new plan and my $890 credit was rolled into extra data.  My dongle has stopped showing me my account balance and is frozen on 7.39 gigs remaining.  But other than that mines working properly.  I’m in downtown Sydney 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit