Rob1000
Level 2: Rookie

Mobile Broadband Top Up

You can free data top up on your plan 3 times a year. I just called them to arrange this for tge first timw and I must admit for the first time ever with telstra the process was quite painless so I would suggest all telstra users utilise this free top up which they call "unshaped"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
veeblefetzer
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: Mobile Broadband Top Up

So just to confirm, you have a mobile broadband product?

Top Up For Home Broadband

As recently as Wednesday they haven't mentioned this been available for mobile broadband.

It's fairly annoying as my mobile broadband product was the only product (well there was satellite too) available where I lived recently (rural).  So it wasn't really 'mobile' as I wasn't carting the book sized elite gateway modem around with me.  Since moving into town, they cannot guarantee ADSL2 speeds where I live so rather than be put back on another term contract for basically the same speeds on ADSL, I've stayed on this 'mobile' product.

Anyway, I drifted off into whine mode.

WadeP
Level 3: Gumshoe

It applies to all Bigpond products, including Bigpond Mobile Broadband.

It doesn't apply to the Telstra Mobile Broadband product tho, if that makes sense.
TLS Mackay
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi WadeP 

I'm sorry I will have to correct you here. The 3 Broadband Top-Ups only apply to Fixed Broadband services. 

Top-ups our new solution when you've exceeded your Fixed Broadband Data limit

This applies only to ADSL, Cable, and NBN services, it does not apply to BigPond Mobile Broadband. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jesssta
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Lindy, 

I have read the available documentation both on the webpage and on the link you provided, and there is no mention of this top up service being available in 2015. It clearly states that the top up can be used up until December 31st 2014.

Can you please advise if this yop up service is currently available for existing fixed broadband customers?

Given your advice is from January 2015, I assume that your advice is correct and the offer is still on the table in 2015.

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jesssta

It's an ongoing offer - and still available for Fixed Broadband customers in 2015. All top ups were reset on Jan 1st - so everyone has 3 to use again. 

And yes - existing customers can take advantage of this offer.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

rmb3218
Level 3: Gumshoe

Resurrecting this thread. I have Bigpond Mobile Broadband. On the Telstra 24/7 on my iPad top up was available last week, up until today. Was this just a glitch or a change of policy. Thanks, Kevin
Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kevin,

No, the policy hasn't changed at this stage

Jumboqh
Level 1: Cadet

Why is this top up only available to fixed line services. I used to live in an area where the cable phone lines were so unreliable, the only option for mobile broadband. Currently I am living in a caravan, I cannot get a fixed line service. I am being disadvantaged jam sure there are a lot of other people in the same boat as me. This is a form of discrimination.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit