Lily0320
Level 2: Rookie

Mobile Broadband

Answered

I know I can take my broadband box away with me but can I run it through an inverter in a Motorhome?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lily0320
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Broadband

Yes I do thank you. It’s a good sine wave inverter and realise will only get pickup where there is service. 
thanks. Very helpful. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The Broadband black box will work through an invertor. I assume you mean a mobile broadband black box 

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Make sure the inverter is a 'Sine Wave' type and capable of the power requirements for all the devices tyou will connect to it at the same time.

As @cf4  says, there is no need to take the NBN box because you have no NBN service in the motorhome.

The other thing is that if you are planning to use the 4G backup capability, while travelling then if you are away for an extended period, Telstra might notice if that is in operation for a long period of time and warn you about it. 

4G backup mode will restrict your streaming also, especially if you try to do more than one of those at the same time..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Lily0320
Accepted Solution

Yes I do thank you. It’s a good sine wave inverter and realise will only get pickup where there is service. 
thanks. Very helpful. 

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit