willow14
Level 1: Cadet

mobile broadband

Answered

Hi,

which is the best mobile wifi device to have so I'm able to play xbox one and access xbox live, including dowmloading games and updates. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: mobile broadband

I would be going for one of the 5G mobile broadband devices. Either will do, but the Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro is mmWave compatible, where the Netgear Nighthawk M5 is not.

And on the upside, Telstra's Mobile Broadband plans now go up to 400GB per month (throttled to 1.5Mbps after that - no excess usage charge), which will let you do more. But given that game downloads/updates are typically in the 25-100GB range, you may find yourself running short on data.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Do you have 5G reception?.

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

I would be going for one of the 5G mobile broadband devices. Either will do, but the Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro is mmWave compatible, where the Netgear Nighthawk M5 is not.

And on the upside, Telstra's Mobile Broadband plans now go up to 400GB per month (throttled to 1.5Mbps after that - no excess usage charge), which will let you do more. But given that game downloads/updates are typically in the 25-100GB range, you may find yourself running short on data.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit