Level 1: Cadet

My 4G Wi-fi is no longer in my list of services. How can I add it back in?

Answered

Due to COVID-19 I need to use my Telstra Pre-Paid 4G wi-fi but when I logged in to my account it was not in the list of services anymore.  It has been 2 years since I topped it up last Smiley Happy. How can I add it back in?  I tried "add service" but there was a problem, ie nice picture of someone looking under the bed.  Please help.  I imagine I will be on hold for hours (27 minutes so far)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: My 4G Wi-fi is no longer in my list of services. How can I add it back in?

Hi Kayser86,

You won't be able to add it back in.

Your SIM has been Deactivated.

A Pre-paid SIM automatically gets deactivated 6 month's of the expiry date of your last recharge.

You'll need to purchase a new Data SIM. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Hi Kayser86,

You won't be able to add it back in.

Your SIM has been Deactivated.

A Pre-paid SIM automatically gets deactivated 6 month's of the expiry date of your last recharge.

You'll need to purchase a new Data SIM. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

Is that a new thing, do you know?  I've gone 11-12 months between top-ups before.  I've had it for probably 5 years, and only topped it up when we needed to (away camping etc)

Were your Top-up's for a 6 or 12 month expiry recharge?

I know they definetly expire 6 month's after the expiry date of the last recharge for a Pre-Paid mobile SIM.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit